Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Calculating trailer weight

Old 02-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
DPCardoza is on a distinguished road
DPCardoza's Tacoma Gallery
Calculating trailer weight

I'm looking at a 23' hybrid trailer. The sticker on the inside says Unloaded Vehicle Weight (UVW) is 4350 Pounds with a CCC of 1480. My question is does the sticker weight include the propane tanks, battery and spare tire or do you subtract this off the CCC of the trailer? My truck with my whole family in it weighed in at 4800lbs the other day at the dump so I'm thinking this trailer may be pushing it a little.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
kavy is on a distinguished road
Name: Shaun
kavy's Tacoma Gallery
That is the weight from factory so no battery, propane or spare tire.

There is lots of people on the board who will say your pushing it but I tow a 5300lb dry weight trailer and have no issues.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
What are you planning on hauling with this massive trailer... bubble wrap?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Yes EMPTY.Bare bone weight.