Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Might pull the trigger tomorrow: Tow feedback please.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #21
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk180 View Post
Quick update: Haven't pulled the trigger yet. I went out for a third test drive yesterday. Took it for a little longer drive this time (one hour). I want to pull the trigger for a lot of reasons, but can't because I'm unable to find a comfortable setting for my long legs in that seat! As much as I try to get past this, I can't. Whenever my right leg is off the gas pedal and on the floor, it's against the shifter and I find the bolstering of the seat there aches my thigh. I wanna be able to get past this. It's just not working. FWIW I'm almost 6'4", and whenever my feet aren't on the pedals, my knees are bunched up against the shifter and some uncomfortable spot on the door.

I have lower back issues, and believe that the Ridgeline has spoiled me with it's comfortable captains chair that's elevated well off the floor. I traded my Audi A3 S-line in because my back couldn't handle the feeling of my legs being way out in front of me for extended periods of time. What I can't figure for the life of me, is how Toyota continues to opt against putting a power front seat that elevates you off the floor, in a $30k+ truck. Hard to believe that any vehicle coming in over $30k could only have a 4 way manual seat.

Again, not a rant. Love the truck. Continue to try to make it work, but I just can't get comfortable. Great site here guys. Not sure if I should keep trying to find an answer, or continue lurking to see what the next gen brings. Surely it will have a power seat, right?
Try the different models. The base, SR5, and TRD all have different seats. I find the TRD seats to be the most comfortable. I'm 6'1", so I feel your pain. I guess I'm just used to the way the seats are...
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
kirk180 is on a distinguished road
kirk180's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback guys. That might be part of it Opponent. The dealer I shop has everything but the TRD I planned to order. They were going to locate it for me. Not sure that would help with the 'seat low on the floor' issue though.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #23
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I find the TRD seats to be way more supportive.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba353z View Post
If you can't get comfy, don't try to talk yourself into it - you'll regret it in the long run.

I'm only 5'8" , so it's not bad for me (and I have back problems too) but your extra height changes the whole dynamic.

If it were me, I'd look at a Tundra (or Sequoia if an SUV would work) - or go Silverado/F-150.
58 here as well and il really comfy in the trd seats for as long as 655 miles11.5 hours.

also the tundra rides and has MAY nicer seat then the silverado. my one broth has had a 09 silverado and it rode a bit rougher then his now 11 tundra. also the seating where not as nice.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #25
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
I would make sure you try out the TRD seats.

I'm 6'3 205lbs, the normal base seats were definitely not as comfortable as the TRD seats. I do run into issues with long road trips as well but I've never been comfortable with long road trips no matter the vehicle.

My father who is 6'8 245 fits fine just for reference.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #26
gnawbone is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 548th RTG
Name: kj
gnawbone's Tacoma Gallery
If the TRD doesn't solve your issue - try a Tundra. I had a 2010 and I thought it was a great truck, the reason I went back to a Tacoma (had an '06 TRD - now have a 2013 TRD) is complicated but has nothing to do with the truck.

If I had to get a full size I'd probably test drive an F150 and a Tundra - F150 for curiosity. I did test a Silverado - drove about 2 miles - didn't like it. Drove the Tundra and decided to buy it 2 minutes into the test drive. Nice truck and has a towing rating of somewhere around 10,000 or 10,500 lbs.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #27
kirk180 is on a distinguished road
kirk180's Tacoma Gallery
Update: Pulled the trigger today on a black Titan Pro 4X. Pick it up tomorrow. I ended up ruling out the Tacoma for driver seat comfort reasons, and the Frontier for rear seat comfort/space reasons and dated dash lay out. Narrowed it down to the TRD Tundra and Pro 4X Titan after looking at all the full size ones (believe it or not), and shockingly the Titan won it for me. The everyday driving comfort and steering were spot on, even with the Pro 4X package. I'm not one to follow all the guys who know internet reviews, etc and relied more on what the test drive told me. Thing was fun and drove like a champ. The Rockford Fosgate 400W stereo, Rancho shocks, 10+ inches of ground clearance, skid plates, etc were all just icing on the cake. Not to mention, the "stuff" that matters, seems just as reliable as the others. The number one reason I was getting another truck was for tow capacity to pull my new trailer. So I wont have to worry about that now. Only set back? Fuel consumption. But man, with the rebates and finance deals they're giving, it'll take me at least 5 years to brake even for the fuel hit. I got plans for it. It doesn't have quite the aftermarket the Taco has. But there's stuff out there to make it mine.

*Thanks again for all the feedback you guys gave here. You've got what appears to be a fantastic forum, for a bad ass truck. Really wanted a Taco. But I think this truck will help me to forget about it. With my trailer, it's probably for the better.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #28
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats - enjoy

I think you made the right move going with a full size truck.

Products Discussed in this Thread