Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Suspension while towing

Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Oxbow is on a distinguished road
Oxbow's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension while towing

Hi there, this is my first post on this site , would like to say this is such a great site. Well I have a 2004 DC 4wd with the 3.4, was wondering I tow a boat that ways around 2700 lbs my rear sags a little any ideas on leveling the rear end when towing the boat? Was also wondering if it would've good to turn the over drive off while towing the boat?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Load leveling bags from firestone n such, might be what you want , perhaps an add a leaf. http://www.performance4trucks.com/To..._s=2&t_pt=9332 ...for example.

O/D off is likely the best idea, but I never had a gen1 to know what your transmission could do.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
OD off if your truck is searching for gears...

To being up the rear while towing, get airbags. An Add-A-Leaf will level you while towing, and lift the rear when empty. Air bags can also be adjusted depending on how much weight you have behind you...