1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can a 2013 Tacoma v6 tow a 20-22ft boat?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Toyota74, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Apr 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    Toyota74

Toyota74 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas Munoz
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks guys I think I'll get the tundra. Thanks for all your help. Anyone who thinks I shouldn't leave a comment

2. Apr 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Ultimately it's your decision and you shouldn't let someone else tell you what to get or not to get.

There will always be someone that will say well I tow this and it's just fine. The Tacoma would be fine towing 3500 around however given you'll be doing it frequently and over long distances and with a full truck of people if it were me personally I'd want the extra room plus power and weight of a full size. Sure the Tacoma is rated for 6500 but I'd never want to be towing close to that on a frequent basis or on longer drives. Pulling is fine but controlling and stopping something that weighs a ton more than or truck is another. It's why trailer brakes are so important.

I think the Taco would be an easier decision if you we're just going 15 minutes down the road to the boat ramp. But longer trips I think a full size would be more efficient with a truck load of people and 3500+ lbs of boat and gear.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  3. Apr 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    Toyota74

Toyota74 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nicholas Munoz
    Salem, Oregon
    that is the reasons why I chose the tundra. when the 2014 gets to the dealers I will got check it out. thanks:D

Products Discussed in

To Top