Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Show us what you tow.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:18 AM   #2521
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by livintall View Post
It's a great purchase! Thank you very much for your service tacodane
Well thank you for pointing out how easy it is to obtain on. And thank you
Also what or how they go about tags for it?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #2522
livintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
livintall's Tacoma Gallery
After acquiring the vehicle you apply for and receive an SF97 which is a release title from the government. while you're waiting for that to arrive,(30 days) have the state give you a provisional registration
Old 08-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #2523
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
The state that you would buy it in or where you live? From the looks of what's out there now, most m1101 are in GA or LA.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #2524
livintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shedlivintall is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
livintall's Tacoma Gallery
The state you live in. When you go get it, the state where you purchased it might be able to get you a temporary registration to be able to get it home
Old 08-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #2525
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
Hauled 4,687lbs by the scale up to Alaska from Seattle. Total weight on Canadian scales, truck and trailer combined was 4500kg.

V6/manual transmission/OME881/Dakars/Nitrocharger Sports/Firestone Ride-Rite airbags(!!!). No problems at all. Even on the nasty stretches of road.

This is the 9th time in 5 years traveling the road. Third time hauling a trailer. Mileage dropped from the usual 22-23mpg to 12.5mpg.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #2526
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hauled 4,687lbs by the scale up to Alaska from Seattle. Total weight on Canadian scales, truck and trailer combined was 4500kg.

V6/manual transmission/OME881/Dakars/Nitrocharger Sports/Firestone Ride-Rite airbags(!!!). No problems at all. Even on the nasty stretches of road.

This is the 9th time in 5 years traveling the road. Third time hauling a trailer. Mileage dropped from the usual 22-23mpg to 12.5mpg.
are you rated for 5k or 6k??
Old 08-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #2527
In over my head...
james has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant futurejames has a brilliant future

Army: P.O.L.
james's Tacoma Gallery
5K.
1st Gens are either 3,500lbs (4cyl) or 5,000lbs (6cyl). But my suspension upgrades make all the difference. Manual transmission is a plus too.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #2528
wtjl240 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
wtjl240's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Rockwood Roo
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you tow.-2014-03-08-14.16.09-copy.jpg  
Old 08-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #2529
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys will you check out my new thread, I have some questions -

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...g-trailer.html

Looking for advice about towing cross country.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #2530
snowmanwithahat is on a distinguished road
snowmanwithahat's Tacoma Gallery
Really curious what everyone's impression is on towing with the 6-speed. I have a WRX STI (2004) which is about 3,300 lbs that I want to tow eventually and a tube buggy (that's actually mostly a cherokee) that I'd like to tow also. I have no clue how heavy that pig is but it doesn't feel light. How does the 6-speed feel when towing on moderate grades?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #2531
POOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedPOOLGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JEFF
POOLGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
Really curious what everyone's impression is on towing with the 6-speed. I have a WRX STI (2004) which is about 3,300 lbs that I want to tow eventually and a tube buggy (that's actually mostly a cherokee) that I'd like to tow also. I have no clue how heavy that pig is but it doesn't feel light. How does the 6-speed feel when towing on moderate grades?
Hey Snowmanwithahat, I have a 2008 trd sport 6 speed. I have no problems towing with it. I've towed a bobcat on a trailer weighting around 5000#, and the truck did great. plenty of power going uphill and the trailer brakes helped going down. I hope this hepls you.

I'm looking at purchasing a new tacoma, and I'm curious about the automatic and towing. I've only ever owned manuels, so any input would be great. Snowmanwithahat sorry for throwing in a question on your post.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:46 AM   #2532
wtjl240 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
wtjl240's Tacoma Gallery
Snowmanwithahat, basically, what PoolGuy said. I tow a 19 foot camper that weighs about 3,200 pounds dry. Add all the gear, people, creatures and I'm probably pretty close to 4,000 lbs. I pull it with an '07 Access Cab 6 speed and don't really have any problems. I've never pulled it on the interstate (only highways) and find myself not really ever using 6th gear. Most of the time I'm cruising 45-50 in fifth and it's no problem.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #2533
Motob is on a distinguished road
Motob's Tacoma Gallery
I tow a travel trailer that's about 3900 lbs dry probably gets up to around 5k all loaded. I like the 6 speed, does very well, just have to remember to shift down a little early before you lose momentum. Pretty much never use 6th, 3 rd and 4th are go to gears, 5th for flat straight fast stuff. Can maintain 55 up some decent grades in 3rd pretty easy.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #2534
liveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shedliveload is one of the sharper tools in the shed

liveload's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Just bought it and hauled it back home from Hurricane, Utah. What a trip!
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you tow.-vail-pass.jpg   Show us what you tow.-fishies.jpg   Show us what you tow.-slopes.jpg  
Old 08-06-2014, 10:16 AM   #2535
bayrak is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
bayrak's Tacoma Gallery
Tow the Boat down at the cabin

Also use her as shuttle pig (not sure if this counts as towing) when mountain biking. Set up dual bike racks and load the tailgate too! This day we had had 12 Bikes and People loaded up in her each run!

Also often haul a Uhaul when I travel from home to School and back each year

Old 08-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #2536
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Also use her as shuttle pig (not sure if this counts as towing) when mountain biking. Set up dual bike racks and load the tailgate too! This day we had had 12 Bikes and People loaded up in her each run!

That's bad ass!
Old 08-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #2537
Streeter is on a distinguished road
Streeter's Tacoma Gallery
Towing this TT

TT is 4700 lb dry, loaded probably around 5300 lb. Equilizer 4-point sway control WD hitch and Tekonsha Primius IQ brake controller.

Pretty happy with how it tows so far. Gas mileage is poor, but that was expected. Super impressed and happy with my Tacoma!
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you tow.-img_0236.jpg  
Old 08-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #2538
Savis is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Fed Fire
Savis's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck and camper!!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #2539
Voyager is on a distinguished road

Army: retired Army officer
Name: Bob
Voyager's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post

James,

Nice setup. Did you use Daystar cradles with your Firestone Ride-Rite airbags?

Bob
Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #2540
tom84ford is on a distinguished road
tom84ford's Tacoma Gallery

Buggy and trailer 4800# I'm not going to lie, the truck wasn't all too happy doing it. It worked for a few years though. The weight distribution hitch helped quite a bit.