Notices

Show us what you tow.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #41
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Awesome rig! Always loved those FJ40's...
You have an Auto?
Nope, no Auto. I am running a SM420 and with my 4.1 Orion T/C I have a crawl ratio of about 121... so the clutch is rarely used.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
Man I would LOVE to have that FJ! That looks awesome! Nice work.
Thanks! It was a 4 year project that will most likely be neverending one.

I will put some more pictures in my profile tonight so check back tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:29 AM   #43
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marazzito View Post
Nope, no Auto. I am running a SM420 and with my 4.1 Orion T/C I have a crawl ratio of about 121... so the clutch is rarely used.
I think Janster was referring to your Tacoma to ask about towing with it but im not positive.
Quote:
Thanks! It was a 4 year project that will most likely be neverending one.

I will put some more pictures in my profile tonight so check back tomorrow.
Alright, sounds cool man
Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #44
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
I think Janster was referring to your Tacoma to ask about towing with it but im not positive:
Yup, indeed I was.

Marrizito - do you know Scott Karg? He's got an FJ trail rig same color as yours too. Not sure on his details, but I know it's got a propane conversion, stretched wheelbase, & big tars.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Yup, indeed I was.

Marrizito - do you know Scott Karg? He's got an FJ trail rig same color as yours too. Not sure on his details, but I know it's got a propane conversion, stretched wheelbase, & big tars.

Sorry about that, my Tacoma is a Manual as well. I like having complete control of the transmission while towing, especially on the grades both up hill and down hill. I will say though I have towed with my buddies 06 Automatic Prerunner and I must say I was pretty impressed with the auto, but then again it is the same Tranny thats in the Tundra and it's rated to tow 8,000 lbs. When I towed with the auto I put it in "4" to lock out overdrive and it suprisingly held gears longer than I expected not hunting much.

I don't believe I know Scott Karg, where is he from. The propane conversoin sounds cool. I also stretched my wheel base by 2" by using FJ60 springs in the rear.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #46
jrsmokestacks is on a distinguished road

jrsmokestacks's Tacoma Gallery

Thats over 2,000lbs of oil dry in the bed.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #47
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmokestacks View Post

Do you have some sort of airbags or other support system under there? Looks like you Taco holds the weight and tows it too!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #48
dougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nicedougmays is just really nice
Name: Doug
dougmays's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dougmays
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmokestacks View Post

is that first picture a car hauler? if so how much does the trailer weight and how much does that car weight that you put into it?

Also it looks like your lightest load makes your truck sag the most? the little black trailer. or is that just an illusion?

thats incredible though that the 2000lbs doesn't sag your truck at all.

good pics
Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 AM   #50

TDM156- Just the factory crappy springs.

dougmays- I think those pics dont do justice. The car hauler and boat are the only 2 loads that dont ride on the bump stops. I only backhaul the car hauler when empty @ about 3,500lbs. The boat is actually heavier @ 4,000lbs. Here is a pic with the oil dry:

And the little black trailer pic is with a bed full of wet mulch/mud and a 400 pound tree all the way at the front of the trailer.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #51

How much does that enclosed trailer way? Looks like quite a bit more than your 3,500lb limit. How well does it tow it? You should invest in some Timbrens or Supersprings with the loads you haul.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #52
trd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
trd2001's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what I tow with my Tacoma. Had to add Airbags to the rear. The TSB springs are junk also.

And my Toybox

Old 03-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #53
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How big is that Toy hauler? about 18ft?
We've got a 24ft Fun Runner that we haul our quads in. A bit to big to try with my Tacoma but my moms Chevy pulls it alright. My dad kinda wishes it were only 21ft as it maxes out the 1/2 ton to haul it.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:05 AM   #54

Quote:
How much does that enclosed trailer way? Looks like quite a bit more than your 3,500lb limit. How well does it tow it? You should invest in some Timbrens or Supersprings with the loads you haul.

The trailer is right at 3,500lbs. Power is fine, i'm used to haulin 20,000 to 26,000 pound trailers with one ton trucks. I've used timbrens before on bigger trucks and hated them, air bags are the way to go. I've discovered through the years that mfg.'s tow ratings are idiot proof, an experienced driver can safley determine how much their truck is capable of handling. Brakes and tires are the main things you never want to break the limits on.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 AM   #55

Another view

Old 03-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #56
Tugboat50 has a spectacular aura aboutTugboat50 has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: 2nd Class Petty officer
Tugboat50's Tacoma Gallery
5th wheel Scamp 2x 4cyl Toy

19'Scamp Fiberglass 2800 lbs tows easy with the 4cyl
Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #57
Tugboat50 has a spectacular aura aboutTugboat50 has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: 2nd Class Petty officer
Tugboat50's Tacoma Gallery
one more try on Pic

4cyl 2x 2800 lb Scamp fifth wheel tows easy
Attached Thumbnails
Show us what you tow.-5th-wheel-hitch-composit-bed-002.jpg  
Old 03-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #58
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
What popup is that? Really like how it looks as well as the capacity to haul a quad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvega1969 View Post
This is my setup and is going to be repeated on our next camping-fishing trip (this weekend).

Old 03-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #59
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
pulled a 24" toy hauler, full of water / gas, with a jeep, and 2 quads in it once. That was a bit much... went about 10 miles before i decided to have my buddy pull it with his dodge.

Also pull around a flatbed with toys on it once in a while..

Both of these pics were before any suspension work. Both trailers made me ride on the bump stop
Old 03-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #60
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery