Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

How easy is it to add a 4-wire plug to the factory towing harness?

Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
How easy is it to add a 4-wire plug to the factory towing harness?

I have an '09 TRD with the OEM tow package. I would like to add a flat 4-wire plug to the harness so that I can use a receiver mounted brake lamp. There are aftermarket systems available that require some type of in-line module but can I just identify the proper wires and splice into them to power the flat 4-plug?

Thanks,

Ray
Old 05-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
gotta redo this , too big of a link..... they make adapters, sells anywhere like home depot , auto shops or boating shops.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
I have an adapter.....but there are times that I need to hook up to both the 7-pin and would like to have a flat 4-wire also.

Ray
Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/in...I8730023?Num=0

like that? Hell I never seen or used anything like it, just 6.7. 4flat.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #5

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
I think that I may have found what I've been looking for!

http://www.hopkinstowingsolutions.co...pkg_08-10.html

Ray