Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Towing Electrical "Plug"

Old 06-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Parrothead1809 is on a distinguished road
Parrothead1809's Tacoma Gallery
Towing Electrical "Plug"

When I purchased my used 2010 Double Cab/TRD it did not come with the plug that gets inserted into the towing harness. Can this be purchased "after market" or is eBay my best bet? Also if anyone has the part number for this plug (or connector), please pass it along.

Also, I apologize if I'm using the wrong terminology - I'm not sure what else to call this connector that will mate the trailer electrics will socket under the rear of the truck. I know its a 7-ping-somehing

Thanks,
-PH
Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...apter/_/N-25wp
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

may be able to find one cheaper elsewhere. I rented a trailer from u-haul and got one of their open box items for half the price so I lucked out. cost me about $7 lol
Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Parrothead1809 is on a distinguished road
Parrothead1809's Tacoma Gallery
Follow-up

Thanks for the info.

Let me get this straight. When you buy a trailer (whether boat, landscaping, u-haul, what ever) the electrics always have a "4-pin" connector ("4-way flat blade") and you need this device to mate it to the truck.

Here is the dumb questions - please no flames - How come trailers don't come with the matching mate to whats on the truck? Why do I need to buy this adapter? I guess I need to see closer pictures.

Thanks again, guys,
-PH
Old 06-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #5

not sure why toyota has the 7-pin vs the 4-flat.