1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Towing

Discussion in 'Towing' started by mikewithemb, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jun 6, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    mikewithemb

mikewithemb [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am very close to purchasing a 2008 Tacoma v6 4x4 SR5........A very important factor to me is how realistic it is to assume that it can comfortably tow my boat My boat is 18 ft weighs 1800 lbs, trailer weighs about a thousand and the motor probably 4 to 6 hundred Im guessing (total around 3,250). It has a class III hitch.......I like to pull comfortably without white knuckling it......is this truck capable of comfortably pulling this?

2. Jun 6, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    jake72

jake72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    N.E. PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd off-road dcsb mt
    no problem at all

3. Jun 6, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    Nola TSS

Nola TSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    S Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '13 Prerunner SR5 TSS v6
    Not sure where you live but I have a 16' Xpress center console with a 60hp Yamaha. Boat weighs 700 lbs so add in fuel, gear, trailer wgt and motor, probably over 1000 lbs.
    I live in Louisiana where it is flat. No problem towing until I get on a steep bridge. It's not a huge problem but it does stain a bit.

If you live in an area where there are a lot of hills, then you may have a problem. Not saying the Tacoma could not handle it, just saying it may stain going up a steep hill.

I used to have an old Nissan back in the day, 4 cyl 5 sp and would tow a 18' fiberglass boat. Heavy as shit but it pulled it by the hardest.
    Just my.02.

Products Discussed in

To Top