I've seen other threads about towing 4x4 Tacos behind RVs, but didn't see a 2WD+dolly Q/A so here goes:
I have a 2013 2WD 4DR TRD Sport. It's the only new vehicle I have or probably will ever buy...it's awesome, and I don't want to screw it up.
Plan A: Back that onto a tow dolly (w/brakes) and tow it behind an RV.
- RV model will be purchased with towing 5K in mind since truck, canopy and dolly will be close to that + some junk in the truck.
- Eliminate miles on the odometer w/out drive shaft disconnect.
- Small trailer stow out of the way when in camp ground/parked.
- RV will be large so easy on/off dolly to run around with Tacoma.
- Assuming no modifications required to truck.
Since we will be free wheeling the front tires off the tow dolly, we should be able to lock the steering straight and go for it.