Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

7 pin connector missing

Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
swago is on a distinguished road
swago's Tacoma Gallery
7 pin connector missing

Just looking for some information on the parts that should be included in the towing package.
On the back of my truck I have the 7 pin female connector with the flap on it but looking through what I have I only see the trailer brake adapter and some other connector talking about the camera.

Basically my question is around whether or not the male connector should be included with the truck or if it's an accessory I have to purchase.
My dealership is less than reputable and I want to make sure this was actually supposed to be included before I talk with them.

I can't seem to find anything in the manual about this connector except for:
"Vehicles with 7 pin connector
Use the wire harness stored in the rear end under the vehicle body."
Which makes no sense to me except that is where the female connector is.
And, as silly as it sounds, I did check under the truck and did not see anything resembling a 7 pin connector "stored" there.

Appreciate any help you can give me.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Any trailer you hook up to has the male 7 pin. The only adapter is one that converts the 7 to a 4 or 5 pin. There is nothing missing.
The trailer brake controller harness is for if you add one down the line.
The camera plugs are to protect the connections from moisture/dirt should you remove the tailgate
Old 06-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
swago is on a distinguished road
swago's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good to me, thanks.