Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

adding LED lights to a trailer

Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
adding LED lights to a trailer

Hey guys !!
just wondering if there are any conflicting issues adding LED lights to a boat trailer / camper ?
I have the resistors added to my front day time running lights and resistors added to my rear turn signals on my 2010 sport .
Now , i would like to add LED lights to my boat trailer .. brake , turn , running , clearance lights etc etc .
I have heard that there may be conflicting problems if i already have LED lighting for the truck ?
any ssistance is appreciated .
Old 08-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
I have led tail lights and dont have a problem.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
The only problem I can imagine would occur if you tied the LEDs for the trailer to the wrong side of the resistors for your other lights. I would imagine the resistors for the trailer/camper would be installed the wiring of the trailer/camper, connected to the existing wiring for the 12V bulbs you use now. That works correctly. Another possible problem--If your setup uses an adapter like mine to convert to common stop lights and turn signals in the trailer, you don't want to exceed the current rating of the converter. If you are replacing the 12V lights with LEDs you should be ok.