Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Buying a pop up

Old 10-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
ALBtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
ALBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Buying a pop up

Hey guys the wife and I are looking at buying a tent trailer before spring. I am really leaning towards a off road style so I can take it up hunting and not use up my truck for all the gear. Been looking at the jayco baja and the Starcraft series. Just wondering who has a off road style, which one you have and how it tows behind the tacoma. Also I'm completely new and I'm sure this has been asked more once so I apologize but what kind of equalizer hitch and brake controller are you using?
Old 10-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
esgordon123 is a jewel in the roughesgordon123 is a jewel in the roughesgordon123 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Eldridge
esgordon123's Tacoma Gallery
Buying a pop up

Check out the E-3. Looks bad ass. I did not use either hitch or brake controller. Mine was light tho. The prodigy 3 is a good controller. You can find the hitches at camper world and if you are a good Sam member you will save a lot on the hitch. eBay will also be your friend. One more piece of advice. The hitches were mainly for on road use. You will damage your hitch or your pop up frame if you are not careful. I have one now that I have a travel trailer. I wish you luck.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my brother has the E3. very spacious. it feels like a ton of bricks behind a tacoma.

no problem towing it, but man it felt heavy. my brother yanks it around with a diesel. back to the Starcraft. very nice hunting rig. very comfy. but in really cold weather, your water will freeze. our did last year in AZ. the water tank just hangs from the bottom and it froze completely solid. we had to live out of water bottles that we kept inside with us.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
REVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
REVNHI's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

I towed a 2007 Fleetwood Evolution E2 from Ontario to northern BC and back last year. The trip was about 12,000 KM round trip with no problems and no lack of power.

I used a weight distribution hitch and an E3 brake controller.