1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying a pop up

Discussion in 'Towing' started by ALBtacoma, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Oct 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    ALBtacoma

ALBtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Red deer AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 trail limo trd sport
    Hey guys the wife and I are looking at buying a tent trailer before spring. I am really leaning towards a off road style so I can take it up hunting and not use up my truck for all the gear. Been looking at the jayco baja and the Starcraft series. Just wondering who has a off road style, which one you have and how it tows behind the tacoma. Also I'm completely new and I'm sure this has been asked more once so I apologize but what kind of equalizer hitch and brake controller are you using?

2. Oct 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    esgordon123

esgordon123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eldridge
    Pensacola FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver access cab
    Husky tool box Led lights Trd rims Ko2’s Ranch hand grill guard Jvc head unit Tailgate camera from tailgatecamera.com A/c knob swap Console and glove box organizers Window tint Led fogs Upgraded oem tail lights Led 3rd brake light
    Check out the E-3. Looks bad ass. I did not use either hitch or brake controller. Mine was light tho. The prodigy 3 is a good controller. You can find the hitches at camper world and if you are a good Sam member you will save a lot on the hitch. eBay will also be your friend. One more piece of advice. The hitches were mainly for on road use. You will damage your hitch or your pop up frame if you are not careful. I have one now that I have a travel trailer. I wish you luck.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Oct 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    my brother has the E3. very spacious. it feels like a ton of bricks behind a tacoma.

no problem towing it, but man it felt heavy. my brother yanks it around with a diesel. back to the Starcraft. very nice hunting rig. very comfy. but in really cold weather, your water will freeze. our did last year in AZ. the water tank just hangs from the bottom and it froze completely solid. we had to live out of water bottles that we kept inside with us.

4. Nov 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    REVNHI

REVNHI Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Moonstone Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 Double Cab TRD Off Road Premium
    I towed a 2007 Fleetwood Evolution E2 from Ontario to northern BC and back last year. The trip was about 12,000 KM round trip with no problems and no lack of power.

I used a weight distribution hitch and an E3 brake controller.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top