Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

BFG A/T's and towing a boat

Old 10-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
BFG A/T's and towing a boat

Looking to throw on some BFG's on my '09 LB Sport. Anybody tow a boat with these? I've heard the wet road abilities of these may be a little dicey and not sure how they'll handle on boat ramps? Really like the look but without 4x4 I need all the traction I can get. Don't want to be "that guy" at the ramps.

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
i had a buddy who had them on his truck, not a tacoma but an older 2wd. He never had a problem. I have nitto A/Ts on my tacoma and never had to put it in 4wd when pulling my boat out and i have pulled it out when the ramp was covered in lillies, grass and slime. My boat also weighs 2900lbs.
On my previous 1st gen 2wd (non-TRD) i pulled my previous boat without one slip in 8 years using a/t's and m/t's. i think you are worrying over nothing, i was actually thinking of putting them on my tacoma for my next set
Old 12-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Great Tks man. I have some decisions to make !