1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thank you Maverick491....

Discussion in 'Towing' started by mrbjr, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Mar 31, 2009 at 9:37 AM
    mrbjr

mrbjr [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Central CA
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust,TRD Sport seat covers, Tube steps,Access Limited Bed Cover,WeatherTech floor mats, Billet Grill,AFE CAI,8"Shorty Antenna,ScanGaugeII.,5100s f/set @ .85, Console Safe.., Pirelli ATR's..,RoadMaster active suspension
    Adam,just wanted to thank you for your vast contribution on the subject of towing properly ( safely)..I picked up an ,09 FF189FBS tt a couple of months ago and finally got it all prepared and went to Calico Ghost Town in the Mojave Desert for a 4 wheel event... We were loaded pretty heavy plus had a Honda EU3000 generator w/fuel,25 gal. gas and much more.. Figured about 600 lbs in bed.. Coming home Sunday we had heavy winds, gusts up to 60 mph... Using most of your advice I got the WD hitch, Sway control ( used the friction bar) and P3 brake controller setup properly. Ran between 55/60 through the mountains and wind averaged 12.5 mpg round trip.. Everything handled way better than I had even dared to hope. Ran the whole trip with my son in his F250 Diesel pulling a FJ40 on an 18' car hauler, only mention this to make a comparison. I had no problem keeping up with him.. We had a blast crawling rocks all weekend.:))

Thanks again Adam...,

Bob

Products Discussed in

To Top