Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Slip on tow mirrors

Old 06-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
blubuckaroo is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
blubuckaroo's Tacoma Gallery
Slip on tow mirrors

I'm planning to tow my little 15' travel trailer with my 2012 extra cab. I haven't been able to locate a set of the slip on extension mirrors that are made specifically for a Tacoma. If those aren't available, what would be a solid, reliable choice?
Old 06-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Pro EFX seem to be pretty popular, can't speak from personal experience though.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...g-mirrors.html
Old 06-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
blubuckaroo is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
blubuckaroo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Pro EFX seem to be pretty popular, can't speak from personal experience though.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...g-mirrors.html
Thanks Boone but I don't plan to tow a lot and a good set of slip ones would be better for me.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
Oceanfisherman
campthewestcoast is on a distinguished road
campthewestcoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubuckaroo View Post
I'm planning to tow my little 15' travel trailer with my 2012 extra cab. I haven't been able to locate a set of the slip on extension mirrors that are made specifically for a Tacoma. If those aren't available, what would be a solid, reliable choice?
They don't make slip on mirrors for tacoma, your only choice is the strap-on style mirrors that vibrate so bad you'll get motion sickness
Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 AM   #5
fla taco is on a distinguished road

fla taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pair of "clip on" mirrors that I picked up off Amazon that were universal fit. They were ok but I did not like the look of them and the way they clipped to the mirror housing interfered with the base mirror adjustment. I recently installed the ProEFX mirrors on my truck and love them. Great product that I would recommend over the clip on style. They are listed under the group buy tab. The owner, Rob, is a member here on TW. Check them out. good luck
Old 06-22-2014, 04:44 AM   #6
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried a few of the clap on ones none of them worked real well they just never seem to stay in place.