I just got my 1st Taco. It is a 2014 Dbl Cab 4x4 with the TRD Off Road Package and the Class IV Tow Package. I am super new to trucks and towing. This is what I am looking at as far as a travel trailer as well the important numbers for both. I need some help determining if I am way off base or if it is doable. I am probably not towing more than 150 miles at the most.
GCWR 11180 Lbs
GVWR 5500 lbs
Cargo Capacity 1250
Tow Capacity is 6500 lbs
Tongue Weight is 650 lbs
The travel trailer is a Kodiak 24BHSL. Factory Numbers are:
Dry Weight 5049
Capacity is 1551
Total Weight 6600, which I realize is 100 over towing capacity but, I will mostly be towing Dry with some cargo but no water.
Hitch Weight 606
Is this something that my Taco could pull. Agian 99% of the time pulling dry the other 1% would be pulling dry and the last 5 miles or so would be with some water. In the truck would be 2 Adults, 1 child and 1 small dog and one medium dog.
Again just bought the truck, it is my 1st truck and have no towing experience.
Thank for any help you all can provide.