Notices

Towing Light Probs for noobie

Old 07-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
Scrub
yodatoyota is on a distinguished road

Name: tim
yodatoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Towing Light Probs for noobie

Hey fella's, Having some light problems with the stock 7 pin harness/4 pin adapter combo on a small camper. Brake and turn signal lights work but not the day time running lights. However same trailer and 4 pin adapter hooked up to the brother in laws truck, everything works fine. I hooked up to some of the trailers at my work and the same problem happens. Could some one with more know how, confirm with me that my trucks wiring is bad? pretty sure it is but I'd like some more in site.

Sorry if this is a re-post

Cheers
Old 07-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future02Duck has a brilliant future

02Duck's Tacoma Gallery
When you say daytime running lights are you referring to the front amber lights on only? Because if that's the case nothing on the trailer will turn on for the daytime running lights. Only parking and headlights will activate trailer lights, in addition to the turns, emergency, brakes, and possibly reverse.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Most of all trailer light issues are the grounds on the trailer.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
Scrub
yodatoyota is on a distinguished road

Name: tim
yodatoyota's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the late reply. but yeah I was referring to the parking brake lights. Turns out I had a faulty relay. (think thats the correct term) Anyways bought a new one for 28 bucks and popped her in. Everything works fine now