Notices

7 pin trailer wiring harness HELL

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
Thighmaster is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, Nurse 5502d USAH, 352d CSH
Thighmaster's Tacoma Gallery
7 pin trailer wiring harness HELL

7 pin trailer wiring harness HELL: I snagged the thing on a stump, seems like it should be a simple, inexpensive fix. Like others with this problem I learn the dealer wants $255 for an entire harness. While I am interest in one of members' relocation plate, I still need to find the small bracket for the harness. Any thoughts out there?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart has the 7-pin plugs and they come with a metal bracket.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Buy this wire it up and drill a hole on your bumper to mount it.

http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Pollak/PK12707.html
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #4
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The Honda one is identical (Edit: Price is cheap) to the Toyota on you just need to switch the plugs. Wires are the same. I bought that, and a friend swapped the wires for me.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ement-tip.html
Old 07-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
LET IT EAT®
SLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SLOBRA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Buy this wire it up and drill a hole on your bumper to mount it.

http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Pollak/PK12707.html
^^^ This. I bought one from Wal-Mart. Worked out great and zero problems since. Also see: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...elocation.html
Attached Thumbnails
7 pin trailer wiring harness HELL-photo-1.jpg   7 pin trailer wiring harness HELL-photo-2.jpg   7 pin trailer wiring harness HELL-photo-3.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #8

Thanks everybody. Great info.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOBRA View Post
^^^ This. I bought one from Wal-Mart. Worked out great and zero problems since. Also see: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tow...elocation.html

How does one drill a hole that large. Special metal bit?
Old 07-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery
Do what I did. Pop out the left plate light and slide the plug in. I have a combo 7/4 plug and had to spend 10 seconds with a grinder to enlarge the notch for the 4 pin bump. Then a couple holesfor the bolts. Easy, looks stock, and it's protected fRom damage. I've ripped a couple off over the years, I'd have to rip the entire bumper off to lose my plug.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #11
Jefes Taco has a spectacular aura aboutJefes Taco has a spectacular aura about

Jefes Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighmaster View Post
Hole saw. It's a bit that drills a hole. Fairly common at most hardware stores. Not cheap though. $10-$50 depending on the size. That size would go for around $15-$20. Perfect hole though.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #12
LET IT EAT®
SLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOBRA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SLOBRA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighmaster View Post
~2" metal hole saw, most hardware stores have 'em. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Vulcan-961641o...=2%22+hole+saw
Old 08-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #13
Indy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Indy's Tacoma Gallery

And no that's not a recovery point, I had to tow my tractor out of a ditch

Products Discussed in this Thread