Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

OEM Toyota hitch question

Old 08-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
illmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of lightillmatyk is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Matt
illmatyk's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Toyota hitch question

I just got an OEM Toyota trailer hitch and installed it. I was just wondering, is it 100% necessary to have the two 19mm bolts by the license plate area?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
VaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shedVaGlock is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
VaGlock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatyk View Post
I just got an OEM Toyota trailer hitch and installed it. I was just wondering, is it 100% necessary to have the two 19mm bolts by the license plate area?
It would guarantee that you could tow the rated load of the hitch/truck. If you don't intend to tow the rated weight you could possibly get away with out them. It would transfer more of the load to the other fasteners though. I personally would install them.