1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Add Tow Package to 2011 Tacoma V6

Discussion in 'Towing' started by lgrouper03, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Aug 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM
    lgrouper03

lgrouper03 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Looking for exactly what is required to equip a 2011 Tacoma PreRunner V6 with the tow package. From what I can tell, tow package includes the following: 1) class IV receiver hitch with wiring 2) engine oil cooler 3) trans cooler 4) high output alternator 5) tow/haul mode switch on the gear shift knob. This truck will be used to pull an 18-19ft bowrider - mainly short distances - so at minimum I think the trans cooler should be installed (there is already a hitch installed). Don't know that the engine oil cooler is necessary. Any thoughts? Also, it looks like it's hard to find the OEM Toyota trans cooler. When I finally found one it was $330. Instead, I'm considering the plate fin coolers on etrailer.com. Any thoughts from those who have been through this process would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. Sep 10, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    johnnychimpo711

johnnychimpo711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    23 PreRunner SR5
    Removed the dealer tag holder…that’s it.
    Check the towing bible...the work has already been done. In many cases there are already good pics and how-to's for installing your own. If you want to add a brake controller, there are good write-ups there. Hope this helps.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/towing/

Products Discussed in

To Top