Notices

Remote brake controllers?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Soniq7 is on a distinguished road
Soniq7's Tacoma Gallery
Remote brake controllers?

Hi guys,

Im new to towing and need to install a brake controller in my taco'

Can you point me in the direction of a controller that I could mount underseat or otherwise?

I just dont see a clean install position in or under the dash.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 05-07-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
like a Drawtite?

Someone put mine-- well heres a pic

Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
How do you read your scangauge down there?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
How do you read your scangauge down there?
Its tilted up. But i can see it perfectly through the openings on the steering wheel.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.etrailer.com/p-5510.htm

That is the reese version of the drawtite controller I use and that I wrote up in the towing bible. That and the drawtite version have been discontinued, so when they are gone they are gone. so jump on it quickly if you are going to do it as the last time I was asked about and searched for these I came up with nothing.

Regards,

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniq7 View Post
Hi guys,

Im new to towing and need to install a brake controller in my taco'

Can you point me in the direction of a controller that I could mount underseat or otherwise?

I just dont see a clean install position in or under the dash.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 05-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #6
Soniq7 is on a distinguished road
Soniq7's Tacoma Gallery
Called Etrailer and that controller is in stock. Ordered mine for $85 shipped!

Nice job on the towing bible, I read the whole thing.

Thanks

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
http://www.etrailer.com/p-5510.htm

That is the reese version of the drawtite controller I use and that I wrote up in the towing bible. That and the drawtite version have been discontinued, so when they are gone they are gone. so jump on it quickly if you are going to do it as the last time I was asked about and searched for these I came up with nothing.

Regards,

Adam
Old 05-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
MHillis is on a distinguished road
MHillis's Tacoma Gallery

I mounted mine on the right side of the steering wheel using the coin/junk pocket. This is how I installed it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-install.html