Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Tow Package

Old 11-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #21
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Miketyler, sounds like you will be all set, the TRD package, comes with a larger alt and battery, plus all the things you mentioned I am presuming that you have a auto trans and if there is not a trans cooler already installed you should have one. As Mav491 has pointed out, heat is the enemy of auto trans and anything that can be done, such as trans cooler and reasonably frequent trans oil changes are the key here. If it is an auto trans be sure to keep it out of overdrive when towing anything as heavy as a vintage muscle car, what are you thinking of buying? I hope its a beauty, be sure and send us pictures of your truck and your new toy.
If I have missed anything , Mav491 will clarify.

Jeff
06,V6,6spd, 4x4, Brillliant Red, Bone Stock still