Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Off Road pop up campers

Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Jbird1339 is on a distinguished road

Jbird1339's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road pop up campers

Anyone got one of the off road pop up campers like the Jayco or Fleetwood? Anyone having problems towing with them?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbird1339 View Post
Anyone got one of the off road pop up campers like the Jayco or Fleetwood? Anyone having problems towing with them?
I saw a V6 Taco pulling a Fleetwood down at the lake a couple weeks ago, didn't seem to struggle at all.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 06 dc and pull an older popup with 2 dirtbikes in the bed and tons of crap from the coast up to Kennedy Meadows at 8500 ft. No problems going up or down the big hills.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
santacruzer is on a distinguished road

santacruzer's Tacoma Gallery
I pull a Fleetwood Evolution E-1 with my 09 6 cyl Tacoma DC TRD. Pulls well, I mostly don't know it's there! I have the factory towing package.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
PICS Please.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
santacruzer is on a distinguished road

santacruzer's Tacoma Gallery
Off-Road Pop-Up Trailers

Here are a couple of my Fleetwood E-1.
Attached Thumbnails
Off Road pop up campers-fleetwood-e-1-2.jpg   Off Road pop up campers-fleetwood-e-1.jpg  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-27-2009, 06:01 AM   #8
1sicktaco is on a distinguished road
1sicktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
thats a bad pop up
Old 07-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #9
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
I want a fleetwood sooo bad. I also want lift & new tires &rims. Need to find work, Las vegas job market sucks.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
I'm looking at the same popup, or the E-2. They look like they are well built.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Here is mine this a Fleetwood Evolution 3, without some mods I already did, but from Laredo to Dallas to Houston and several places in the Hill Country, the best 14.2 MPG, worst (10.5 MPG -frontal wind-) and sometimes slag on rear's suspension (even with the TSB installed). Hope this can help you.

Attached Thumbnails
Off Road pop up campers-e3-aluminum-tool-box.jpg   Off Road pop up campers-e3-bike-carrier-thule-yakima.jpg   Off Road pop up campers-e3-hitch-cargo-carrier.jpg  
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #12
yhiki is on a distinguished road
Army: sp5
yhiki's Tacoma Gallery
I am surprised that people are having problems with towing a popup. The idea of a popup is lower weight and no wind load. I have a Fleetwood and never had problems towing it with the van. I have not had the Toco long enough to use it. If I can tow it with the KIA then I should not have any problem with the Toco.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #13
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
wow these thigns are sweet, how long have they been making them? I want to get one but it would have to be old and used cause im broke
Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Those campers are pretty cool.. i kinda want one lol
Old 08-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvega1969 View Post
Here is mine this a Fleetwood Evolution 3, without some mods I already did, but from Laredo to Dallas to Houston and several places in the Hill Country, the best 14.2 MPG, worst (10.5 MPG -frontal wind-) and sometimes slag on rear's suspension (even with the TSB installed). Hope this can help you.

that camper is soooo bad ass
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #16
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have pics of the interior?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
There is only one photograph with the new '09 interiors (oak) they used to be black here is the link.

http://www.colemantrailers.com/e3
Old 06-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #18
labs4me has much to be proud oflabs4me has much to be proud oflabs4me has much to be proud oflabs4me has much to be proud oflabs4me has much to be proud oflabs4me has much to be proud oflabs4me has much to be proud oflabs4me has much to be proud of
labs4me's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a handful of photos of our Off Road Aliner being used in various situations.

This unit can be completely set up or taken down in less than 30 SECONDS and can be set up WITHOUT having to first detach it from a tow vehicle. Just pull over anywhere/anytime- even in complete darkness- and in less time than it would take you to walk around your Tacoma once, it will be fully set up and functional. Have the desire to explore a new hunting spot first thing in the morning? If you chose to, you could go from being sound asleep on a queen size bed to driving to a new hunting/fishing/camping spot in a matter of seconds. In this regard, the Aliner leaves all other pop-ups in the dust behind it.

It is completely self-contained and can run for days off a few gallons of gas using a Honda 2000 watt generator and its integral battery system. For this reason we very seldom stay at designated camp grounds and often use it as a base camp for quick afternoon or overnight hunts, fishing trips and other events like Retriever Hunt tests, field trials and for tailgating at sporting events like college football games, etc.

This unit can easily be towed anywhere that average sportsmen/adventurers like us would consider taking our truck or SUV (deep into deer/grouse woods; miles out into pheasant fields; sandy/rocky beaches, etc.).

It tows like a pop-up and is aerodynamic like a pop-up, yet it offers all the features of a much larger (and much heavier) hard-side travel trailer. Both my Jeep ad my former 4Runner (that I just sold and replaced with a 4-door Tacoma short-bed) towed it effortlessly. The best part is, MPG is completely unaffected.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #19
BLKTRUCK is on a distinguished road

Name: Oscar
BLKTRUCK's Tacoma Gallery
I tow a Palomino pop up. I haven't had any problems towing. I take it "off road" about 4times a year. I usually have a quad,cooler and chairs in the bed.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #20
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Im in the market for a popup. Been searching craigslist but there is nothing close. I drove 4 hours round trip on monday only to find a pup woth a busted roof (no pics of this on his ad). A chunk of the pasltic roof actually flew off in the wind while I was looking at it....No thanks.

I wouldnt mind an older one that I could repaint or touch up a few things but I dont want to replace a roof or canvas