1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any market for a used brake controller?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by is it windy yet?, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Aug 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    is it windy yet?

is it windy yet? [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston On
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Speedway blue
    extang trifecta tonneau, tinted windows, side step bars, sill plates, bug deflector, TRD exhaust, K&N filter, carbon fiber CD surround, tow kit, it's a Canadian truck so the TSB 4 leaf springs and bilstiens were done at the factory, vent visors, ipod adapter, and weather tech mats.
    I have removed my hidden hitch brake controller, as I have no need for one. It came with my used truck. The guy at my local truck shop, said pull it out and sell it. So I figured I'd post it in the buy and sell section. But first I need to find out if there is a market for these things used, as I would not buy one used as I don't much about them. The guy at the shop said it is working, and all the wiring is there for a 2nd gen taco. So what would price would I put on it?

Thanks

Ron

2. Aug 25, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    phidauex

phidauex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Boulder, CO
    Vehicle:
    '96 4x4 V6, manual, 201k
    Small lift and a topper!
    If its not damaged and includes the complete wiring harness, I'm sure there is a market for it. I'd check with Hidden Hitch's website, and verify you've still got everything required for installation (minus universal stuff, like wire ties and double sided tape), and if you do, then check the retail price, and list it up for a little less based on wear and tear. Its not a huge demand item, but if you want to tow a bigger trailer, you need one, so I'm sure someone will pick it up.

-Sam

Products Discussed in

To Top