Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Hitch Cover for 07 v-6 TRD 4x4 Class IV

Old 01-18-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Hitch Cover for 07 v-6 TRD 4x4 Class IV

Hi,

I saw this on the Craigslist for $15.00 and am wondering if this will fit my Taco. Seller claims that it will fit Class III. Is this a good deal ???
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toyota Tacoma Hitch Cover O.E.M. - $15

Original O.E.M. Toyota Tacoma Hitch Cover. In New Condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Hitch Cover for 07 v-6 TRD 4x4 Class IV-hitch-cover.jpg  
Old 01-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
can't see why it wouldn"t?

your inside measurement on your hitch should be 2 inches

looks like it is made of plastic ? so unless you have a locking hitch pin i think it could disappear pretty quick?

Speaking of locking pin... I had a nice setup that i saved from my Sierra and it is too short to lock in my tacoma due to the cradle that holds the receiver... anyone have a fix? I know i can buy a new pic with an actual lock that goes through the pin... but this one was nice all in the pin looked sleek and worked great...
Old 01-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Should fit, looks like a belt buckle though.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
as long as both are 2", i dont see y it wouldnt
Old 01-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Class I hitches are a flat piece of metal

Class II hitches are 1" square

Class III, IV, and V hitches are all 2" square openings

The differences in 3, 4, and 5 are just in their strength, and towing capacity.

So yes, short answer is that you can use it.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
khfactor is on a distinguished road

khfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Maverick is, in fact, the resident towing authority: The Tacoma Towing Bible

Judging by his write up on TOWING, I say he should be elevated to the Pope level and we all bow down when the subject matter involves towing. Haha...
Old 04-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
eyball is on a distinguished road

eyball's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever find a new locking hitch hitch pin that is long enought for the Gen2 Tacoma hitch?

I just realized that the one I have and have been using on my wifes 2002 4Runner is not quite long enough. This is becuase the Tacoma hitch mount peices come down right where the pin goes through so its about a 1/4 or so wider than the one on the 4Runner.

If anyone has a type that worked for them please let me know. Otherwise I will just buy one and return it if its not long enough.

The one I have now is a nice Master lock one so it sucks its not long enough.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyball View Post
Did you ever find a new locking hitch hitch pin that is long enought for the Gen2 Tacoma hitch?

I just realized that the one I have and have been using on my wifes 2002 4Runner is not quite long enough. This is becuase the Tacoma hitch mount peices come down right where the pin goes through so its about a 1/4 or so wider than the one on the 4Runner.

If anyone has a type that worked for them please let me know. Otherwise I will just buy one and return it if its not long enough.

The one I have now is a nice Master lock one so it sucks its not long enough.
i got mine at pepboys, fits perfectly. i think autozone/advance and oreillys have them too. i took a small tape measure with me to make sure it would fit.