Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

gooseneck hitch

Old 10-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
balaam is on a distinguished road
Name: jim
balaam's Tacoma Gallery
gooseneck hitch

Are there any updates on a gooseneck hitch for a Tacoma. I have 2 horses to pull and would much rather do it with a goosneck if possible.
thanks for any info
Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Most goosenecks are sized for a full size pickup. I haven't seen any for the Tacoma, just the Tundra.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
balaam's Tacoma Gallery
gooseneck

Thanks JD, that's what I was afraid of. I bought my Tacoma new in 2001 and hate to trade it in. It's been a super truck
Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you don't exceed the weight rating of your truck those horses will pull fine with a Class III weight distributing hitch.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
balaam's Tacoma Gallery
gooseneck

Yeah, I've pulled with both, a bumper and a gooseneck and just prefer the gooseneck. The turns are trickier since it doesn't follow the truck's path, but overall it just seems to be more stable and pull better. Just a personal preference. I'm suprised that a GN is not available for the Tacoma, but I guess I will look for a Tundra. Thanks for your response