Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

07 Tacoma Hitch

Old 10-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #1
cormchar is on a distinguished road
cormchar's Tacoma Gallery
07 Tacoma Hitch

I am planning on purchasing an 07 Tacoma Double Cab V6, and it doesn't have a hitch on it and I currently have one on my Ford Ranger. I want to take this one off and put it on the Taco, the hitch that I have is a Class III.

This will fit right?

The Taco will use the Class III correct?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormchar View Post
I am planning on purchasing an 07 Tacoma Double Cab V6, and it doesn't have a hitch on it and I currently have one on my Ford Ranger. I want to take this one off and put it on the Taco, the hitch that I have is a Class III.

This will fit right?

The Taco will use the Class III correct?

Thanks
Yes class 3, but I doubt it will bolt up correctly...I don't believe they are the same .
Old 10-24-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
definetly a different hitch. It wont fit without heavy modification, I would recommend for your safety and others to purchase the correct hitch for the Tacoma.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:18 AM   #4
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a Uhaul nearby check to see if they sell hitches at the location. Mine was only $120, it sits nicely up under the body so it isn't really noticable from the rear. It was pretty easy to install at home with air tools and a helper.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
cormchar is on a distinguished road
cormchar's Tacoma Gallery
well this wasn't a hitch from Ford it was an universal one that I had bought after and installed.

It might fit since it's ajustable for the length anyways.