Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Anyone use TARPX ?

Old 04-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use TARPX ?

http://tarpx.com/index.html

I seen it in Costco today and almost bought it

Any reviews from anyone?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
...but there's a GIRL next to it, and it's on a RIDGELINE?? I like ratchet and pull straps.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Fast, Strong, Secure load control... that's what Imodium A-D is for.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
well the box had a silverado on it

i was going to buy a "bunge mesh/mess" at the auto store and they wanted like $30 and this is only $50 and will actually keep the load dry (i live in a rainy state)

(i do also have a set of ratchet straps +rope)
Old 04-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
To post something that's actually on topic...

If I wanted to keep stuff dry, but didn't want to go buy a $1k+ camper or $500 bed cover, I would absolutely get one of those.

EDIT: Just watched the video on the site. It'll keep your stuff dry-ish, but it's only over the top and water will still get on whatever is in the bed when it runs off the tarp and pools in the bed. Still... it looks like a relatively inexpensive and secure way to keep your stuff in place.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Thanks for some input mws4usa
Looks like they are located right down the road from me...

more website info
Fast, Strong, Secure Load Control

The powerful new cure for load control headaches.

• All-in-one load covering system for short, medium
and long-bed pickups and small trailers

• Fast, strong, secure and adjustable for most common loads

• Goes on in minutes - spread TarpX over the load, attach the hooks,
cinch the webbing and go

• Packs quickly, fits under a seat in its own stuff sack

• No tangled ropes, snapping bungees, flapping tarp
Old 04-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #7

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
No problem... and not that I don't support the USA, but I'm mws4ua
Old 04-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I have something similar to this, works well to hold down loads but mine isn't waterproof and not a tarp.

Here are pics on my brother's 1st gen. It is expandable so it will cover the entire bed.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
so no one has tried it?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had one for a couple of years now and love it. It keeps my stuff dry. I use it when I go camping.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #11

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Holy thread revival!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Holy thread revival!!!
Oh yea! I googled TarpX and found this thread.