Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

My Teardrop Camper Build

Old 05-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
My Teardrop Camper Build

Hey Fellow Taco owners, Figured i would share some pics of my 60% Recycled Teardrop camper build. I've been working on it for 4 weeks and it is really starting to come together.....i will be towing it with my 05 Tacoma. The trailer frame was recyled from an old trailer and has new springs/axle. I used 3/4" Ply for the sides with 1/8" Luan for the interior/exerior radius. The Luan is extremely pliable. For the cross braces i used 2x4's sawed in half. (as seen) I used Sheet Foam for interior wall insulation. The exterior walls are covered with Galvanized sheet metal recycled from an above ground swimming pool. The windows were salvaged from an old camper. I also wired the interior with recessed lighting,roof vent w/fan, Aux/tv, and i added wiring for an outside light. Updates;6/11/10 Both doors were hung today, door frame/hinges done, handles/locks also installed. I used (2) recycled screen doors/ frames/hinges for the Camper door, it worked out excellent!! Update 6/20/10; The interior molding was completed, The trailer lights/harness is finished, The floor tiles are finished, the wheel fenders are installed. The only thing left to do is mount the battery box/hook up the battery and paint!! Nearing 100% Completion, more pics to come when finished!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Teardrop Camper Build-sspx7316.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-sspx7318.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-sspx7317.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-sspx7320.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1794.jpg  

My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1795.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1796.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1797.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1798.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1799.jpg  

My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1800.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1801.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1804.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1808.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1810.jpg  

My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1813.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1814.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1816.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1817.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1818.jpg  

My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1820.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-s6300610.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-s6300611.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-s6300612.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-s6300613.jpg  

My Teardrop Camper Build-s6300615.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-s6300614.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-sspx7337.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1847.jpg   My Teardrop Camper Build-dscf1848.jpg  

Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
x2
Old 05-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
pass that over here
Old 05-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Tacomake has a spectacular aura aboutTacomake has a spectacular aura aboutTacomake has a spectacular aura about
Tacomake's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Job!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
James
jamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamesglynn's Tacoma Gallery
you are very talented.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Freaking awesome!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait for an update with more pics! Awesome job!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Thanks for posting this, you just inspired me to think about making one, as you're making it look pretty easy to do so.

What made you choose the teardrop shape?

How much is this costing you so far/how much do you expect to spend?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
looks great
Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #13
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome! Is that the swimming pool warning sticker on the side?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! good find on the used galvanized sheet metal
Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #15
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That is awesome! Is that the swimming pool warning sticker on the side?
Yes it is, i havent removed it yet
Quote:
Wow. Thanks for posting this, you just inspired me to think about making one, as you're making it look pretty easy to do so.

What made you choose the teardrop shape?

How much is this costing you so far/how much do you expect to spend?
I just tried different combinations till i achieved the right shape. So far i have spent under $1000, it shouldn't cost me much more.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #17
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty sweet, nice work!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice. Is the trailer frame recycled, or did you buy it new?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Looks nice. Is the trailer frame recycled, or did you buy it new?
The trailer frame is recycled also. I just repainted it and upgraded the axle/suspension. I am thinking of using recycled storm door frames/hinges for the teardrop doors. I tried to make this using as much recycled material possible and still retain a professional look.