7-pin to 4-pin converter

Old 06-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
JMark is on a distinguished road
Navy: weather man
Name: JMark
JMark's Tacoma Gallery
7-pin to 4-pin converter

Gents,

I have the std towing package mixed with the Sport option on my '07 Acess. Bought a slick lil all aluminum utility trailer that my wife's RAV has been pulling and takes a 4-pin connector. For the TACO...I have read that there is a "Toyota" 7-to-4 pin converter that plugs directly into the 7-pin connector so you don't have to mess with splicing in a 4-pin connector.

Any truth to this, any suggested supplier?

Yep, I do recognize that I can just wire a 7-pin to the trailer, but seems like overkill.

And we did look long and hard at pulling a 5th wheel, but got sold on the newer hybrid TTs.

Help most appreciated.

JMark
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My wife's Avalanche has a 7 pin plug on the receiver and I bought a adapter that plugs into it and you can use a round 6 or flat 4 to the adapter. It was cheap at pep boys.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
$10 at pepboys, a 7-4 converter.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Or Tractor Suply,Napa,etc.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
don't need the toyota one, walmart even has them
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
JMark is on a distinguished road
Navy: weather man
Name: JMark
JMark's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Gents,

Perfect. Hope I can help return the favor.

Guess the funny part is that I ran into it on dealer website where, of course, they tell me that it is custom made to exactly fit the 7-pin Taco wiring...which is exactly the same as others it seems.

JMark
Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
Tojo is on a distinguished road

Tojo's Tacoma Gallery
7-pin to 4-pin converter

I just bought one from the dealer last week $9.25 not too bad a price. you might want to check that the pin contacts are setup to correspond to the right pins on your hitch?? and check that the alignment/lock tab is on the top of the plug as well. I'm not sure if all 7 to 4 pin adapters are interchangeable, so you may want to ring them out, etc. to be sure.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
7 Pin to 4 Pin adapters are entirely interchangeable between any standard RV wiring harness, any brand make or model.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #9
Deano is on a distinguished road
Army: combat medic Vietnam
Name: Dean
Deano's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a new tacoma and the dealer didn't have the adapter and sent me to Farm and Fleet store down the rode and got one for $15 that goes to the flat 4 pin i use on all my trailers. I made them pay for it. Shame all dealers don't carry that simple thing.