Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Looking at a new boat, boat place saying upgrade the truck. :-(

Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #21
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
Yeah that was my thought exactly when I went to purchase it, but the trailer is a Four Winns matching trailer that came with the boat when it was new (97). I would have really liked it if it had the tandem axels. It makes for a much better handling, and easier to maneuver trailer. Before I looked at this one I saw the exact boat but 1 year newer and it also had the single axel. I'm not really sure why 4Winns did this.
$$$$
Old 06-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #22
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
$$$$
x2
Old 06-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #23
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
I would get a bigger truck. Look for something used. It doesn't have to be the nicest truck. Just needs to get you to the lake and back.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #24
spetro is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Vice Flotilla Commander, Vessel Inspector, Safety Instructor
spetro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarock View Post
I want a Cobalt 242WSS, dry weight is 4,600lbs, the trailer another 1,600, the gas is 400 lbs. 6,600lbs without anything in the boat. sales guy saying I will easily hit 7,000 lbs. Anyone towing this much behind their Tacoma?
Forget about it. I had a 21' triton with a 250 opti on the back and needed an F-150 to pull it. Sold it and the F-150. Now I pull a 19' triton with the taco. Gas mileage with the taco while pulling the boat, is down right bad. Since I'm so close to the water, its bearable.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #25
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetro View Post
Forget about it. I had a 21' triton with a 250 opti on the back and needed an F-150 to pull it. Sold it and the F-150. Now I pull a 19' triton with the taco. Gas mileage with the taco while pulling the boat, is down right bad. Since I'm so close to the water, its bearable.
Yeah, he probably already made his decision; almost two years ago.
Maybe admins should make post dates a little bigger, or in red if they're over a year old.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #26
spetro is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Vice Flotilla Commander, Vessel Inspector, Safety Instructor
spetro's Tacoma Gallery
Oh crap! I didn't notice the date
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
Yeah, he probably already made his decision; almost two years ago.
Maybe admins should make post dates a little bigger, or in red if they're over a year old.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #27
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
so did he get the boat or not?!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #28
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OP? Did you get the boat?
Maybe he doesn't even own a Tacoma anymore.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
OP? Did you get the boat?
Maybe he doesn't even own a Tacoma anymore.
depressing thought
Old 04-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_taco View Post
depressing thought
Awh, it's ok. I'm sure he still has a Tacoma. Chin up

Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would upgrade the truck.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
...Did you just derp?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #33
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #34
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OP hasn't been on for almost two years... He most likely got rid of the Tacoma.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #35
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
...Did you just derp?
Probably. It happens.

Quote:
Can't see a year on Tapatalk.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #36
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
People ask if they should tow more than rated capacity all the time. The situation may be dead, but the topic is still relative.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #37

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Can't see a year on Tapatalk.
Honestly, I wasn't paying that close attention.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #38
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
IMO towing the boat probably wont be a problem(especially if the trailer has brakes) but pulling it out of the water might be.
Especially on a steep, wet ramp.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
People ask if they should tow more than rated capacity all the time. The situation may be dead, but the topic is still relative.
Of course. I was replying to those who were asking the OP.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #40

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Of course. I was replying to those who were asking the OP.
Oh, well, those people are just silly.