Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Should I try to tow this?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Duff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to behold
Marines: Ammunition Technician, Marine Corps Security Force Regiment
Name: Sean
Duff Man's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Duff Man
Should I try to tow this?

My buddy is coming home from Okinawa, and asked me to bring his 2008 Dodge Charger up from South Carolina. I'm not exactly an expert on towing so I read the towing guide on here. My truck has the towing package on it, but he says the car and trailer are about 5,000 pounds. So I wanted to know if you guys think it's to much weight for the truck to pull or if I should be good to go
Old 06-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
Use his truck to tow your truck.
Now THATS funny!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Duff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to behold
Marines: Ammunition Technician, Marine Corps Security Force Regiment
Duff Man's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Duff Man
if all else fails i'll pull my truck with the charger :P
Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine towing that. Just be careful and take your time.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
A dodge is used to being towed by a yoder hammer down
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you have the full tow package with brake controller, have at it.
Definetly need some blackmail picks.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ask your buddy if he is going to pay if your tranny takes a Shit?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #12
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Did you ask your buddy if he is going to pay if your tranny takes a Shit?
I was thinking the same thing.

Don't know what kind of car hauler your friend has but the car weights 4,031 lbs.by itself.
Why risk damaging your transmission or another part of your truck? Rent a full size truck at Uhaul or Penske.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on the verge of hauling a 1500+ lbs trailer with a 1988 GMC Sierra. Total weight is like 5500 lbs. Driving it for 3 hours or so.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #15
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
This chick can pull a van with her teeth, i would think you tacoma could pull a car. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GpVnw1BBE
Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
Whitelightning77 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
Whitelightning77's Tacoma Gallery
New tow package?

Ok so I have a 1998 tacoma v6 automatic. And I don't have a tow package I want one really bad. So my question are where could I get one for cheap. And what have you guys done as far as wiring. Which plug would you use? Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #17
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Hidden hitch has a good hitch. Put in a 7pin rv plug, it'll adapt to anything. Put in an upgraded fan clutch or aux electric fan, auto trans cooler, and brake controller, then you're set
Old 07-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #18
ecrepeau is on a distinguished road
ecrepeau's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get the people telling him oh your tranny might take a dive, blah, blah, blah. He bought a truck that has the tow package so the truck is designed and spec to be able to do this. It is like telling someone that is asking if they should drive a car oh your tire might blow so don't drive at all.

Go ahead and use the truck for what you paid the money for it to be able to do.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #19
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Tow in 4 not drive your tranny will be hunting like a bird dog if you tow in drive.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #20
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
just rent a car to drive there and drive his car up