1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Equalizer ant sway hitch vs. Resse Pro Series Trunnion weight distrubition Hitch

Discussion in 'Towing' started by SWTACOMA, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Nov 3, 2010 at 2:01 AM
    SWTACOMA

SWTACOMA [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 DBL CAB 4WD
    I will be investing in a weight/ant sway hitch within the next few days. I am very interested in the Equalizer Hitch because I have heard good things about the system. However; I found the Reese Pro Series Trunnion Weight Distribution Hitch that is almost half the price and "APPEARS" to have the same effects as the equalizer hitch. From experience what do these two hitches have in common and what are the pros and cons of each system?

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/equal-i-zer-hitch-1000-10000lbs-trailer-weight-90-00-1000.html

http://www.adventurerv.net/reese-pro-series-trunnion-weight-distribution-hitch-1400-p-1560.html

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Nov 3, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    wonelly

wonelly Member

Member:
    Florida Keys
    Vehicle:
    Taco Trd
    I have the Equalizer hitch and I have about 720lbs on the tounge of my toy hauler and it works great. I also added the Firestone Ride Right airbags which helped give that little bit of security so I dont bottom out. Before the bags I was about 1/2 inch from the bump stops and now its not even a question.

3. Nov 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Get the Eaz-lift.
    http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalo...iler-hitches-eaz-lift-travel-trailer-hitches/

much more durable piece for whatever weight you are pulling.

have the Eaz-lift on a 24' enclosed car trailer, and tow behind camper trailer. no slider bar needed. Airbags are a plus also, once pumped up they move the toung weight back a bit,,levels the combination, and adds stability.

I always Pump the airbags up first, then lock the swaybars in place. Don't do the reverse or it makes the connection to rigid (very rough ride).

And FWIW, if you ever need a tow bar, Roadmaster is the one to get. accept no less.
    http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/_search.php?page=1&q=roadmaster

4. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:40 AM
    SWTACOMA

SWTACOMA [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5 DBL CAB 4WD
    MOD,
    From my reading the EAZ-Lift is a weight distribution hitch only. I'm looking into something that has the weight distribution and the sway control all in one. I have a 25' TT that weighs 3,800 dry and a 401lbs TW. With the size of the Tacoma and the size of the trailer I would feel more comfortable with the sway control added versus just the weight distribution hitch pulling a 25' TT. I already ordered the Firestone air bags which was my #1 purchase without having the TSB done on the rear leafs. I guess this reverts back to my original question. What is the better weight distribution/anti-sway hitch between the two I mentioned?

5. Nov 4, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
  6. Nov 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    wonelly

wonelly Member

Member:
    Florida Keys
    Vehicle:
    Taco Trd
    The Equalizer hitch is antisway and load leveling built in. I happen to have the 1200 lbs bars on mine due to the fact that it was given to me. When I called up Equalizer and told them that I would only have about 720 lbs of tounge weight, they said not to worry and not to spend any money on other bars. They were right on. I just adjusted them right and boy do they make a nice product.

Products Discussed in

To Top