Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

An "I love my truck" moment

Old 08-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
An "I love my truck" moment

Ever have one of those moments when you think "I love this truck!"? I did today...
I was out in the hills, so-so bad road. Nothing crazy just a really tight fit in some places. Well I get to the end of the road and was getting ready to get out and stretch my legs, take a few pictures of the area before I headed back. As I was reaching for my camera I hear one of the guys that was stopped up there on a dirtbike say to his buddy "How did HE get a truck up here?!?" I just laughed to myself, got out of my truck and went about my way. Pretty sure his jaw was on the ground when he realized that it was a girl behind the wheel! Ahhh, I love my Toy.

So that's my story, what's yours?
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Haha nice I like that story! I don't have one, I just love my truck.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
orry but a dirtbike can climb wayyyy more crazy sheet than a taco.....sorry just hard for me to believe as i own 3 hondas 2 crf450's and 1 cr500
Old 08-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
orry but a dirtbike can climb wayyyy more crazy sheet than a taco.....sorry just hard for me to believe as i own 3 hondas 2 crf450's and 1 cr500
you missed the point. She didn't say it was a technical single track, just a tight road.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
yeah you waaaay missed the point. it was that people on dirtbikes wondered how the hell a pickup got up to that point. no where was there an implication that her truck could go further than those bikes....how did you even decipher that out of her statement????

Anyways...I get that feeling every time i walk away and do my "look back" i say to my self..."God, please don't take her away from me, let me keep her until i can give her to my son someday and then maybe get another one for me"
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
you missed the point. She didn't say it was a technical single track, just a tight road.
Exactly - it was an old clear cut area with pine trees growing like crazy and very little clearance anywhere - sort of like driving through a tunnel. Good luck getting a full size truck through there. And it wasn't an overly difficult drive just had to take your time and pay attention. The road was the least of the problem, just the vegitation!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
yeah you waaaay missed the point. it was that people on dirtbikes wondered how the hell a pickup got up to that point. no where was there an implication that her truck could go further than those bikes....how did you even decipher that out of her statement????

Anyways...I get that feeling every time i walk away and do my "look back" i say to my self..."God, please don't take her away from me, let me keep her until i can give her to my son someday and then maybe get another one for me"
You understand the Toyota love...and I have no kids of my own right now but my friend's little boy loves my truck. He's the only one I don't yell at for climbing around the seats with his shoes on while he's pretending to drive in the driveway. Maybe I'll give it to him some day. He's 2 now, Toy should still be going strong by the time he's ready to drive don't you think?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
When my friends are impressed with all the work i put in it! God, i love my taco.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
OP, that was me on the bike, and I said that because women are inferior drivers; I naturally presumed (based on years of experience and observation) that the driver was a man. j/k
Old 08-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #12
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yep 2 years old is plausible, my son is 4 and i fully expect to throw him the keys someday. I don't even think it will be needing a rebuild yet! I love these trucks
Old 08-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
That's funny! I do the look back too and my wife thinks I'm nuts...she just doesn't understand.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #14
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
gave a ride to a co-worker with a Dodge Dakota and he asked if it was a V8
Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
SUPER-ER MOD

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Of the guys on the bikes? Sorry, I didn't want to gloat too much and it would have been way too obvious if I started taking pictures of them just sitting there sort of like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
OP, that was me on the bike, and I said that because women are inferior drivers; I naturally presumed (based on years of experience and observation) that the driver was a man. j/k
Inferior? Ha! Prove it.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner

That's funny! I do the look back too and my wife thinks I'm nuts...she just doesn't understand.
There is a thread somewhere here about the "Look Back".
Old 08-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
Hurray for Zoidberg!
tacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud of

Name: John Zoidberg
tacoman_KC's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Tacoma too, I always look back at it when I'm walking away in a parking lot.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Last month Houston flooded really bad, REALLY BAD, and cars were getting stuck. Most cars were on high ground due to the heavy flooding. I was at work with my co worker (who drives a Honda Fit sport) and we were anxious to leave ( it was Friday). She couldnt go anywhere, but I could. I practically led the way for other cars on the street. The Tacoma handled the water as if it were nothing. It was great, water was so bad that the laws didnt apply. I was driving in the middle of the road, and pretty much where ever I wanted. That was a great "I love my truck moment". Also, I dont know how attractive you may or may not be, but the fact that you drive a Tacoma gives you points in my book. Girls+Tacoma's=HOT.