Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

thoughts on getting this 4runner?

Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
thoughts on getting this 4runner?

Alright - I have 08 dc trd with 20,000mi and full warranty, but it also has a monthly payment. Wife and I have triplets due in 2 months and child care alone is going to rival a mortgage payment, not to mention all other child expenses. My budget math says I can keep the truck, but it will be tight.
I found a 2000 4runner limited with 157,000 miles, but nice condition.
I can trade taco in even up for this 4runner and eliminate monthly payment.
I will lose factory warranty "piece of mind" as well as the new truck smell, but will also save 350.00 month by doing this. Also, if 4runner shits out its transmission in 2 months, I will end up spending more on it than truck payments in 1 year.
So, anyone think this would be stupid to do, would this make sense, and is 157,000 miles way too much to make a reliable vehicle?

here is a link to the dealer site with the 4runner

http://www.acuracolumbus.com/Columbu...n-SUV/4000246/
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
keep the taco or find a truck with less miles
Old 08-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
I do kinda like the old 4runner though
Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
me too but you know what you have to spend a month for a car payment. umplanned repairs alway come at the worst time of the month