LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Why did you (or will you) buy a Tacoma?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you (or will you) buy a Tacoma?

What made you guys decide on buyign a Taco? I know a few of us have had more than one, what keeps you coming back to the Taco?

For me I wanted something reliable that I could use for off roading and going on the beach as well as towing an Jeep when I buy one (yay trail rig).
Old 07-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Back to the Future

I've always wanted a truck when I was growing up in Kodiak, AK, but for some reason, I never got one. I live in CO now and with all the camping, snowboarding, etc., this truck makes the most sense for me. Tacos have always had excellent ratings and my friends who owned them swear by them.

Also, I've always drooled over the black truck in "Back to the Future" when it came out in 1985. Toyotas forever!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
my first vehicle ever was a taco and i fell in love. i beat the shit out of that thing on/off road and put over 200,000 miles on it and it never gave me a problem. since then im a taco owner till the day i die
Old 07-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
I have allways loved the looks of both the 1'st and 2'nd Generations as far back as I can remeber while growing up. Just like Banchi94 I was in drool city when I saw that black toyota in "Back To The Futer". IT just took me about 18 years to finnaly get one lol
Old 07-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
IT just took me about 18 years to finnaly get one lol
I hear ya, Chomag! 23 years for me to finally get one!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I need a vehicle that I can beat the piss out of.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
The circle of friends I run in, they pretty much all have them, and I was sick and tired of the attitude and poor quality of the domestics.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the taco because I like tacos
Old 07-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
Robbie will become famous soon enoughRobbie will become famous soon enough

Robbie's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Nissan 4 x 2 truck in '87 that I beat the hell out of. Was using it during my freelance years in NYC. Well, it lasted a bit over ten years. I was always pissed that I didn't get a 4 x 4. Well, after moving ti the Catskills, and retiring from the race of newspaper rats, I bought myself a gift which was the Toyota Tacoma which replaced my Saturn. Kind of a late midlife crisis gift. Built a deck with wood I hauled from the lumber yard...purchased a new bar-b-q which I hauled home...it goes on and on...me and my truck, oh and my dog and loving wife. Hum, maybe I should have listed the wife first! Oh, the 60's!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i bought mine on sheer reputation and the rugged good looks

i had been driving a ranger and had ZERO intentions of purchasing another...i test drove a colorado...but didnt really care for the "look"...i also test drove the newer frontiers...however i couldnt get what i wanted for the price i wanted...

all the while i was continuously test driving tacomas in various packages/ages

i figured out that i preferred the 1st gen and so i settled on finding a good xcab 4x4 01-04 with less than 100K for under $20K

it took me damn near 6 months...and this one squeeked thru on price ($19,900) but with 29K and being 3 years old...and having everything i wanted...put the down payment on it the day it showed up to the carmax columbia lot...had 3 people try to purchase it between then and when i picked it up the next day
Old 07-02-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This is the first truck I have ever owned. The Air Force moved me up to Alaska and I needed something that I could depend on and have fun with. I have never heard anything but good about the Tacoma so I decided I just had to have one. Best decision ever made!!! Even after only having it for a couple months now I don't think I will ever go with anything else.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the looks of the taco (especially the hood scoop). The seats were very comfortable. The resale value can't be beat. The fuel economy is great for a truck.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
When it comes to compact pickups - I wouldn't buy anything else.

I know a lot of folks do it - but I wouldn't necessarily tow a jeep with it. Get a Tundra for that. Seriously....
I have a built jeep and used to have a trailer (1200lbs) and the whole kit & kaboodle was 6500lbs which is maxing out the tacoma towing capacity. Surely the Tacoma can do it - but that's a 'handful' in controllability and will push the transmission to the test.

I had a Grand Cherokee and then a Dodge Ram to tow with.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #14
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Reputation, quality, styling, roominess, power, comfort, and approval from my dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
What made you guys decide on buyign a Taco? I know a few of us have had more than one, what keeps you coming back to the Taco?

For me I wanted something reliable that I could use for off roading and going on the beach as well as towing an Jeep when I buy one (yay trail rig).
Old 07-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #15
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphMan View Post
and approval from my dog.
There ain't no way in hell that I'm putting my dog in my Tacoma. That damn dog slobbers and drools more than I do!!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:47 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
There ain't no way in hell that I'm putting my dog in my Tacoma. That damn dog slobbers and drools more than I do!!
LOL

Why I bought a tacoma? A guy I knew had a Black 86 SR5 Xcab similiar to 4x4x4TRD's. Boy did I want I truck like that! I ended up purchasing a Silver 87 SR5 Turbo (22RTE). Believe it or not, after that driving toyota trucks became an addiction

I did for a short period of time (Jan-Mar 07) have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder To put it not so lightly, that Nissan stunk & brought me to my senses & into my 06 Tacoma DC.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #18
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Taco so that I would fit in better around here.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #19
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
ever since i was little i wanted a jacked up toyta tacoma plus toyota are preety reliable
Old 07-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #20
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
My wife wanted me to drive something safer as people were running me off the road in my Accord Coupe. I needed a truck. I needed a people carrier. I needed something to clear 2 feet of standing water. I needed something that could tow over 3,000 lbs.

I have always loved Toyota Trucks, and now I drive my dream vehicle.