Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Back seat space. DC Tacoma vs. 4Runner

Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Back seat space. DC Tacoma vs. 4Runner

Hey all, need a little help. I have a DC Tacoma, but am considering a trade for a 4runner. Is there a signifigant increase in backseat room. I am going to have to put two rear facing car seats in the back, and I dont want to have to drive around pressed up against the steering wheel. I would only consider the trade if it was a big improvement in space. If any of you traded for the 4runner or have both, any input would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
guitars&tacos is on a distinguished road
guitars&tacos's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 08 Tacoma 4 door and I just sold a 2004 4 Runner. The space is about the same with maybe a slight edge to the 4 Runner.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and I thought we were going to discuss how to make an expo rig out of a DC!

Sad.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
guitars&tacos is on a distinguished road
guitars&tacos's Tacoma Gallery
PS.... I bought my 2004 4Runner brand new and only put 105,000 on it and it was running as good the day I sold it as when new. It had the V8 too!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my Tacoma I was actually going to buy a 4Runner. When I realized they didn't make the one I wanted (color, model) anymore I decided to look at the Tacoma. My biggest thing I wanted was the back seat to have enough room for 2 people to ride comfortable on road trips. I had the dealer park a Tacoma (the truck I ended up buying) next to a 4Runner. I got in and out of both back seats and few times. The 4Runner's back seat was a little bigger maybe had a inch or so more of leg room, nothing really noticable unless you were paying close attention. It was more reclined than the Tacoma's tho which was nice. But overall it wasn't much bigger, nothing drastically noticable. I did however have my 10month old niece in her rear facing car seat on a trip from Cincinnati to North Carolina. I'm 6ft and like to really sit away from the wheel so my seat is almost all the way back. I ended up having to put her in the middle of the back seat so I could have my seat where I wanted it. Those rear facing seats are huge and I dont think the even in a 4Runner it would be much different. I would try it out a few times w/ the Tacoma and then check out the 4Runner. GL w/ you choice.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #7
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx for the great info Max. Thanks to everyone else too for the help!