Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

What would you do?

Old 08-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
WarEagleDoc is on a distinguished road
Army: Prior Army Medic
WarEagleDoc's Tacoma Gallery
What would you do?

I recently bought a 2010 Tacoma with the TRD Sport Package. I bought it for my wife actually, but I have been driving it around for a few days while she is out of town. I am really diggin' this truck.

Now here is my dilemma. I started to get the mod bug, and I was going to start modifying my 04 4Runner, but after the last few days I am not sure if I don't want to do some things to the Tacoma.

I only really want to spend the money on one of the vehicles, and on top of that I want to keep one close to stock for daily driving.

Now I am sure it is going to be hard to get some unbiased opinions on a Tacoma forum, but I thought I would ask anyway.

What do you think?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Give her the 'runner, pimp out the Taco.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd let her drive the Taco while you mod the 4R just like this....or give her the 4R while you mod the Taco...hhhmmm, I see your problem now.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
You drove the Taco and created an account here on TW...that's gonna be a tough one. Personally though, I'd probably mod the vehicle that's closest to being paid off and closest out of warranty. But the longer you hang around here, the more likely you'll wanna do up that Taco...you've been warned.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
were you in camp war eagle? when? what unit?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
I'd let her drive the Taco while you mod the 4R just like this....or give her the 4R while you mod the Taco...hhhmmm, I see your problem now.

That's a nice 4runner!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
were you in camp war eagle? when? what unit?
Yeah I was there for a little bit between 06-07. I was with 2-5 CAV, 1CD

What about you?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the mods you want to do. As someone already mentioned, is the 4Runner almost out of warranty? If it is, and you want to lift, turn it into a trail beast, etc then mod the 4Runner.

However, since you want to keep a vehicle stock for daily driving, then it would make more sense to mod the Taco instead since the 4Runner would also be better to drive the family around with.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #10
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
4runner is a better family vehicle, and if its the v8, it'll be a better tow vehicle. theres a good amount of aftermarket support for 2nd gen tacomas, idk if its the same for 4th gen runners.

is buying a first gen pickup/runner (84-89) out of the picture?