Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Do you regret Selling your 1st Gen.

View Poll Results: Do you regret selling your 1st Gen for a 2nd gen?
Yes 15 40.54%
No 14 37.84%
I still have my 1st Gen parked next to my 2nd Gen 8 21.62%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
Go Jets GO!!!!!!
DigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud ofDigB has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Firefighter, WFD, E13, L13, W131/2
DigB's Tacoma Gallery
Do you regret Selling your 1st Gen.

I'm just looking to see if people regret letting their 1st Gen go.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't done that but I know I would regret it bad. I love my truck too much to sell it.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
No I needed more room. It was either sell the 1st gen and get a 2ng gen double cab or buy something other than a toyota Tacoma. I mean I miss my old 72 chebby pickup too but you have to move on you know?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I haven't done that but I know I would regret it bad. I love my truck too much to sell it.

x2
Old 09-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
low12 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: US Customs and Border Protection Officer
Name: RUFFIAN
low12's Tacoma Gallery
I know I would regret it that's why I ain't sellin', you hear ! ! !
Old 09-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #6
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I do but I traded for an FJ80. But sold it due to the gas gouge a few years ago. If anyone seen my first gen I traded it in Fortworth Texas. It's a red 2.7 4x4 extended cab with a prerunner bumper welded to it.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 AM   #7
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
I regret selling my 93

Sorry, it's a picture of a picture
Old 09-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i was sick the day the guy was coming to pick up my 02. i knew it was wrong... I FUKD UP. only if i could turn back time
Old 09-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
When I decide to offroad it anything above and beyond normal dirt road kind of stuff yes... I went from an 03 double cab to my 05 double cab. I honestly feel that my 03 was more capable offroad than my current truck. This on us much better on the paved roads though.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #10
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
i was sick the day the guy was coming to pick up my 02. i knew it was wrong... I FUKD UP. only if i could turn back time
x2

It was like seeing my hot ex-girlfriend with another dude!!....lol.....i miss my '99
Old 09-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my 95.5 taco. It was perfect for me but wanted to get something bigger.
Now that im going to college, i wish i had it instead of my second gen.
I wouldnt mind it that much if my 2nd gen was 4x4 like my 1st gen.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #12
tiger955 will become famous soon enough
tiger955's Tacoma Gallery
My '06 is only half the truck my 99 was, I would gladly trade back.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
Question One Owner 99

I am struggling hard on this...I am an original owner 1999 black TRD 4x4 with power sunroof. V6 Automatic SR5 package. Has 226,000 miles on original engine and tranny. Only routine maintenance done, and replaced u-joints. All stock, no build-up. Had always planned to build it after it was paid off, but kids kept coming, and money never loose enough to do it.

I am JONESING BAD for 4Runner Trail .... but I dont want to part with the Taco. Insurance costs to hold onto the Taco is about $30 per month, plus annual taxes and tags. Wife doesn't want a "parking lot" for a driveway.

Do I sell my beloved Taco which has taken me from Colorado to Pennsylvania to Texas and all points in between? Is the new 4runner "man enough" to make me forget about my Taco?

I have original window sticker, sales brochure, can name when and where every scratch, ding, or off-raod scrape happened. She's never left me stranded, gets 20mpg right now, and the A/C blows ice cold. She's tired and needs new suspension, timing belt, and all other major routine maintenance right now.

Do I dump about $5,000 into it and make it last me another 2 years before I get the 4Runner? Do I bite the bullet and trade it/sell it, plus the $5,000 for everything I want done and put everything towards getting the 4Runner Trail?

I am really struggling here.......need some input.......help me make the right decision. Basically, should I think with my head or my heart?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my first gen. Miss it to death and it was my first vehicle bought it myself for $4300. It only had a 3inch spacer lift but I fit 33 x 10.50 BFG M/T TA KM2's under her. That thing was a tank

Only got 2k for it on trade in.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
a couple of recent shots (about a year ago). since then, put new crytal clear headlight and front corners.

I want the $Runner Trail but dont want to let the Taco go ... finances make it very hard....UGHHHHHH
Attached Thumbnails
Do you regret Selling your 1st Gen.-davita-camera-up-may-20009-165.jpg   Do you regret Selling your 1st Gen.-davita-camera-up-may-20009-163.jpg  
Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blitz, well then don't buy one! Just hold out for a couple more years! By then all of the kinks should be worked out and your finances may be in better order...?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #17
memario....that's probably the right advice. first year models always have bugs that get worked out in later models. and they aren't gonna stop building the new trails. maybe a white one with the crawler package ala the FJ dealer option will be available then too...

To do everything I want (timing belt, tune-up, etc, ARB Bullbar, OME Sport Suspension with new UCAs, a new steering gear cause its bent, and new set of tires) I am looking at close $5,000 when all said and done. The frame rust thing has me worried too. Gets inspected every time in the shop, and only lots of surface rust right now. Always passes inspect.

$5,000 put into it, plus $5,000(?) if I sold it, makes a nice $10,000 down payment on something new.

But then, I have one badass truck that's paid for and built like I want it. That should get me to 300,000 miles easy. sounds crazy, huh?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #18
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think I'll sell my 1st gen when it comes time for a new truck A LONG time from now I'll probably turn it into a trail rig and wheel the hell out of it.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #19
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh99 View Post
memario....that's probably the right advice. first year models always have bugs that get worked out in later models. and they aren't gonna stop building the new trails. maybe a white one with the crawler package ala the FJ dealer option will be available then too...

To do everything I want (timing belt, tune-up, etc, ARB Bullbar, OME Sport Suspension with new UCAs, a new steering gear cause its bent, and new set of tires) I am looking at close $5,000 when all said and done. The frame rust thing has me worried too. Gets inspected every time in the shop, and only lots of surface rust right now. Always passes inspect.

$5,000 put into it, plus $5,000(?) if I sold it, makes a nice $10,000 down payment on something new.

But then, I have one badass truck that's paid for and built like I want it. That should get me to 300,000 miles easy. sounds crazy, huh?
If you put in $5000 in aftermarket stuff, just know that you WILL NOT get $5,000 return on that. If you think that the truck would fetch 5k stock when you decide to sell it, don't expect to sell the truck for more than about $6500 with your mods... That is just how it goes. Your best bet at that point would be a part out of what you have put on aftermarket. You would get a better return that way, maybe to the tune of 8k. You won't get it all back though, I don't expect to on my truck when it finally goes!

And yes, I understand completely the whole "want" thing. I sprung on the truck I have now and I am in college! Did I really need this new of a truck? hell no! Am I going to be eyeing the new Tacomas when they finally come out? More than likely... But I have convinced myself that I need to get out of school first and then play...More. I say that if you are really set on a 4runner, only do the mods that fix the truck, and nothing in excess. Start saving up your pennies and pick up a shiny brand new 4Runner Trail in about 2 years!