Notices

what were your intensions

Old 09-24-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
bombz2000 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: joe
bombz2000's Tacoma Gallery
what were your intensions

my question is for the tac0ma owners what was your intended use when you baught your truck? I can see myself bbuying a tacoma because 0f the versitility of it . I think I would be happy with some larger tires a bumper ans some lights all I plan to do is haul my kayaks and camping things I feel a tacoma would be better than an fj no heavy off roading intended .is the tacoma good for long distance trips? ie 400 miles or so or would aan suv better suit those needs?
Old 09-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
My intentions were to find a nice ford ranger for 5k or less, but my grandpa (used car salesman) found the taco at auction for a crazy price so I upped my budget a little bit and cut into the money I was saving for college. thank God for scholarships.

The reason I needed a truck was to haul the dirt bikes plus they are just cool.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I got my truck for camping and fishing trips. I had a single cab for a while but upgraded to the double cab for the additional room cause I'll have a family soon Plus they look bad ass!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
The wife and I looked the looks of the BCSB with the topper as soon as we saw it. At age 63 I'm not going to get too carried away with it. Tinted Windows, Bull Bar/ Piaa Lights, LED Tail Lights, Window Vents, That will be about it.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
My uses were for light construction work, camping, hunting, and hauling the dog around, and the 03 camry just didn't have the space I needed. I think it's the perfect truck for my needs. I drive 100 miles a day for work as a construction manager, I've set up the bed for light hauling/camping, and went with the access cab so the dog has somewhere to ride. I honestly don't think I could have found a better vehicle for my needs.

And apparently I bought mine just in time, Toyota is no longer offering the 4cyl, 5 speed, 4x4, access cab, according to their website, glad I got mine when I did.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
bombz2000 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: joe
bombz2000's Tacoma Gallery
no english is not my second lang.sorry my editing is not up to your par. i was typing on a pda.
thanks for the responces minus one.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
My intention was to survive a meteor strike.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I intend to get a spell check.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
I intend to get a spell check.
haha
Old 09-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
pick up chicks
Old 09-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
ratm3245 is just really niceratm3245 is just really niceratm3245 is just really niceratm3245 is just really niceratm3245 is just really nice

Marines:
ratm3245's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I got my truck for camping and fishing trips. I had a single cab for a while but upgraded to the double cab for the additional room cause I'll have a family soon Plus they look bad ass!

X2
Old 09-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #14
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
I need to haul stuff around on a fairly regular basis. About once a month. I don't like using a trailer and borrowing my brothers jeep. Plus I live in Colorado so snow and ice as well as flat out blizzards are a concern. So, I needed a 4x4 truck. I didn't want a full size as my need to haul stuff isn't usually all that heavy. Also a full size truck is a pita to park in town and gets crappy gas mileage. All the research I did consistently said that Toyota makes the best small truck on the market.

I'm very glad I got my Tacoma. Even though I've spent a lot more on mods then I intended since I got it.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #15
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
TRD seats are quite comfortable for me and my family on long distance trips... We've driven on several 400 - 1400+ mile trips and was still good to go farther if needed. Tossed everything for the trip (family luggage, coolers, Power Wheels jeep for the kid ) in the back with no worries.

I bought my truck to tow (pop-up camper, utility trailer) and haul (dirt, mulch, bricks, lumber) and for the general utility of having a truck. I don't do any real off-roading so stuck with a Prerunner which I've been very happy with.

BTW - I think we may be the only ones on TW from Fuquay... welcome!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #16
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
to go off-roading
Old 09-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I bought an off road capable vehicle because after a storm last winter I couldn't get where I wanted to go. It really had a big psychological effect for me. It was up at one of the shooting ranges I visit, which was a little iced/slushed over. Both a friend and I weren't able to get up the road no matter how hard we tried with our front wheel drive cars, while the 4x4's seemed to have no problems at all.

As far as a truck goes, it really was a toss up between a truck or a SUV/Jeep, but I've always wanted to own a truck and having the ability to haul stuff is always good.

As far as a Toyota goes, besides the long documented history of reliablilty, in researching off road vehicles, 95% of the time, it seemed to either be a Jeep or a Toyota, which in itself told me the truck would be very capable and durable. It hasn't disappointed at all.

For a first gen/second gen, well, the features and price were right and the slightly smaller sized first gen was a bonus since I would be doing some city driving/parking.

Maybe a bit too logical for most people, but there ya go...
Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #18
R1100Ron is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
R1100Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Because I wanted it!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
CAUSE IM A FUCKING BALLER.

No I needed it for the dirtbikes. And a 4x4 vehicle to do 4x4 stuff.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:20 AM   #20
Ombligo is on a distinguished road
Ombligo's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine to check the beaches for surf