Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Trade 2010 Mazda3 for 2006 Tacoma

Old 09-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
TacWoman will become famous soon enoughTacWoman will become famous soon enough
Marines:
TacWoman's Tacoma Gallery
Should I Trade a 2010 Mazda3 for 2006 Tacoma

I might be insane, I have posted here about getting a Tacoma, a chance I may have missed out on but I have looked around at different dealers and can't get a deal on my Mazda3. Finally today a dealer told me the Mazda 3 hatchback isn't selling for more than 13k at auction so there is no way they would give me 17k or more. I say I might be insane because I went to Carmax and was offered 16k for the Mazda and saw a Tacoma online at another Carmax that can be transfered. The Tacoma has everything I want, a Double Cab, 4x4, TRD sport, its silver it does have 71k miles but I don't think thats too bad. It already has side steps and a tonneau cover, the Tacoma is $20,849. I owe $24k on my Mazda ( I have only had it for 4 months)

That would put me at negative equity by 8k, adding that to the tacoma would be $28849. This seems like the only opportunity for me to get my Tacoma for at least a year. Am I insane for considering this? Or should I just go for it?

I love the Tacoma, test drove another today and it rides so much better than the Mazda 3 hatch!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
You're crazy. No need to take a bath on a 4 month old car. Keep it a year and pay it downs some.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
dagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud of

dagul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacWoman View Post
I might be insane, I have posted here about getting a Tacoma, a chance I may have missed out on but I have looked around at different dealers and can't get a deal on my Mazda3. Finally today a dealer told me the Mazda 3 hatchback isn't selling for more than 13k at auction so there is no way they would give me 17k or more. I say I might be insane because I went to Carmax and was offered 16k for the Mazda and saw a Tacoma online at another Carmax that can be transfered. The Tacoma has everything I want, a Double Cab, 4x4, TRD sport, its silver it does have 71k miles but I don't think thats too bad. It already has side steps and a tonneau cover, the Tacoma is $20,849. I owe $24k on my Mazda ( I have only had it for 4 months)

That would put me at negative equity by 8k, adding that to the tacoma would be $28849. This seems like the only opportunity for me to get my Tacoma for at least a year. Am I insane for considering this? Or should I just go for it?

I love the Tacoma, test drove another today and it rides so much better than the Mazda 3 hatch!!!
No sense going deeper into debt. Just live within your means and stick to what you need and not be so lustful about what you "want"... Seeing that you're in California, I doubt you'd need 4x4 in your day to day commute... However, if you want something to play with in the sand on the weekends, then a more dedicated trail rig would seem more reasonable when funds permit...
Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
TacWoman will become famous soon enoughTacWoman will become famous soon enough
Marines:
TacWoman's Tacoma Gallery
Just having a brief moment of insanity, I wont do it I just wanted someone to remind me that it doesn't make sense. I want a Tacoma and will have one for my outdoor needs one day but right now is not the time I will wait and save.