Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Moving to the east coast truck inspection question

Old 10-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to the east coast truck inspection question

Well after much discussion my wife and I have decided to move back to WV to be by her family. We'd like it to be around christmas, but most likely will be almost summer before we go. I told her that Im bringing my Toy. The question I have is that I know there is strict regulations for vehicles back there. I know I'll need fender flairs since I have about 3-4 inches of tire coming out the fender. I was wondering if I have to cover all of it or I can just do a 1.5" fender flare. I leak a little oil being a 91'. This is just an unknown area do that I've just dealt with the Cali smog laws all my life. Is exhaust a major concern back there? I've heard you have to get a modified inspection sticker too since I'm lifted. Feel free to guide me along this road.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
Well after much discussion my wife and I have decided to move back to WV to be by her family. We'd like it to be around christmas, but most likely will be almost summer before we go. I told her that Im bringing my Toy. The question I have is that I know there is strict regulations for vehicles back there. I know I'll need fender flairs since I have about 3-4 inches of tire coming out the fender. I was wondering if I have to cover all of it or I can just do a 1.5" fender flare. I leak a little oil being a 91'. This is just an unknown area do that I've just dealt with the Cali smog laws all my life. Is exhaust a major concern back there? I've heard you have to get a modified inspection sticker too since I'm lifted. Feel free to guide me along this road.
Hell... If your moving to West Virginia the only thing you'll have to do is have Cletus slap an inspection sticker on her & you'll be good to go!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Hell... If your moving to West Virginia the only thing you'll have to do is have Cletus slap an inspection sticker on her & you'll be good to go!

lol. I hope its that easy!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
as a Virginian i have no doubt that u can get an inspection for the truck as long as the brakes and lights work
Old 10-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
as a Virginian i have no doubt that u can get an inspection for the truck as long as the brakes and lights work

The brakes work and so do the lights. lol. I wasnt sure about the fender flare stuff. Cool Thanks.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
lol. I hope its that easy!
Honestly, it pretty much is. Find the right place. Tell him you need an inspection sticker. He may quote you a price for an inspection. Reiterate that you need an inspection sticker. If at this point he doesn't pick up what you're putting down, move on to another place.

In all honesty though, most states are easier to get along with than (fucking) California, so I think you'll have no trouble.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
dont see u running into any problems but there is always a shop that follows the rules by the book... u can always throw on some skinnier tires b4 the inspection
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Honestly, it pretty much is. Find the right place. Tell him you need an inspection sticker. He may quote you a price for an inspection. Reiterate that you need an inspection sticker. If at this point he doesn't pick up what you're putting down, move on to another place.

In all honesty though, most states are easier to get along with than (fucking) California, so I think you'll have no trouble.
California is full of idiots. I wont debate that. lol. Thanks
Old 10-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
dont see u running into any problems but there is always a shop that follows the rules by the book... u can always throw on some skinnier tires b4 the inspection

Yeah thats always something I can do. I think my wifes cousin had to do that to his truck. The problem with my suspension lift is I need to keep the offset rims for the spindals in the front. I'll just have to be carefull on where I take it.