Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Tacoma #3 on top 10 cars with best resale value

Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma #3 on top 10 cars with best resale value

fyi... I'm a little surprised by number 2... the only "American Made" car is a Jeep

btw FJ cruiser made 8th

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...ten/index.html
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
It's all supply and demand I guess. I'm not familiar with the new jeeps but apparently they did something to appeal to the masses. They wouldn't have high resale values if people weren't buying 'em.

Back in 01, I bought my first Jeep Wrangler (92 w/45,000 miles in awesome shape). I paid $6700. Back then, they were all about the same prices, give or take. Just the other day I was flipping through autotrader. I saw 92 Wranglers (same type of rig but with 100,000K miles) for $6900. What the hell happened?
I mean....10 years later and 40K miles more and they increased in value?

Perhaps now that the economy has gotten better, things are changing.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
It just absolutely blows my mind that Jeeps hold their value so well. Very glad to read about the Tacoma though!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Jeeps hold their value because even if they are used it's like buying a new car since every part has been replaced right before it went for sale.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
jmdaniel's Tacoma Gallery
I just traded in #8 for #3...
Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, there's a idiot that i don't consider my friend. That hangs around me and my friends and he thinks he is a know it all when it comes to vehicles, yet he has never worked in a shop or hand grease on his hands. He drives a 05 hyundai sonata but he talks shit about my Tacoma lol. He thinks Tacoma's are shitty and Frontiers are better and have better resale value. I guess he hasn't been doing his homework.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
vatechoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Darryl
vatechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Jeeps hold their value because even if they are used it's like buying a new car since every part has been replaced right before it went for sale.
boom!..roasted
Old 11-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, Toyota has 4 of the top 10. (counting lexus)
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
One of Canada's lists looks like this: This is for four year old cars:

Resale Values

Highest four-year resale value percentages in Canada of MSRP.
  • Toyota RAV4
  • Dodge Sprinter
  • Mini Cooper
  • Toyota Echo
  • Smart Fortwo
  • Honda Civic
  • Toyota Tacoma
  • Toyota Corolla
  • Toyota Matrix
  • Mazda3
Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Lol, there's a idiot that i don't consider my friend. That hangs around me and my friends and he thinks he is a know it all when it comes to vehicles, yet he has never worked in a shop or hand grease on his hands. He drives a 05 hyundai sonata but he talks shit about my Tacoma lol. He thinks Tacoma's are shitty and Frontiers are better and have better resale value. I guess he hasn't been doing his homework.
how can a guy driving a hyundai sonata make fun of a Tacoma...
What an idiot...
Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #12
LongBed4aReason is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryce
LongBed4aReason's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is great that my truck will hold it's value, but for me it is no help... I'm keeping my Taco till the wheels fall off!