Notices

Where to find a larger gas tank?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
cldowhan is on a distinguished road
Army: Master Corporal 1st Battalion Royal Canadian Regiment
Name: Chris
cldowhan's Tacoma Gallery
Where to find a larger gas tank?

Hello everybody and thanks for your help. I have a 2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab 6 speed manual. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a larger gas tank to install. Basically what I'm looking for is what The Long Ranger has developed for the Toyota Hilux the TR63/TR63A, is there anybody in Canada or the USA can can make this or has something similar?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
As far as I know there aren't any extended range tanks that are Tacoma specific. There are bed mounted tanks though.

http://www.transferflow.com/refueling_tanks.html

http://www.transferflow.com/toolbox_refueling_tank.html
Old 11-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
There should be some place to make custom tanks... Otherwise, Jerry Cans? 300-400 mile range not enough? A second full tank adds a lot of weight and will hurt mileage. But, if there are no secure fuel sources, then that's the way to go!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
blackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwidow2009 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
blackwidow2009's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cldowhan View Post
Hello everybody and thanks for your help. I have a 2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab 6 speed manual. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a larger gas tank to install. Basically what I'm looking for is what The Long Ranger has developed for the Toyota Hilux the TR63/TR63A, is there anybody in Canada or the USA can can make this or has something similar?
I would love to find an additional tank to add to the factory one. I have been looking for one that is mounted under the truck just like the factory, and it ties into the factory tank. I don't want a second fill spout nor do I want a second fuel pump. I know a tank can be made that just fills and empties in and out of the main/factory tank. Those silly transfer cases are a pain, especally with a cap on the truck, and it's a pain to then fill the factory tank.

I deffinatly dont worry about the extra weight because is really is nothing. Figure a gallon of water weighs just under 8 lbs, and gas is less then water. A 50 gallon tank filled with gas will weigh less then 400 lbs...hell people put more weight then that on their trucks between armored front and rear bumpers, skid plats, sliders, caps, or truck boxes. And the loss in miles per gallon....hell, that's soo small, who cares. lol

I just want it so I can go longer between fill ups and ride out the times the gas companies want to rape us with jacked up prices.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
i was wondering if you could get this on for a taundra to fit a 07 tacoma,removing the old one.
http://www.transferflow.com/toyota_fuel_tank.html