Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Sonoran Steel Fabrication

Old 11-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Sonoran Steel Fabrication

My brother is looking at a lift for his 99 4runner and he is kinda set on buying from sonoran steel. www.sonoransteel.com. Since Christmas is around the corner I would like to help him with the purchase and install. My question for you folks at TW. Have you dealt with them? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Thanks for the response. Any Arizona guys maybe got any info?
Old 11-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a lift for the old 98 4Runner I had from Steve a few years ago. Very nice guy to work with and would def do business with him again.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #5

Firefighter:
What lift did you get 3inch?
Old 11-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to run with the System 1.2 Lift.

My experience with Steve was very good. What had happened was we bought the 4Runner and it had 100k on the odo. The suspension was pretty much shot and I started to look for a replacement. I found Sonoran Steel and after much debate I ordered the System 1.2. Once the box arrived I tore into (after what looks like UPS did as well) it only to find oh over 1/2 the parts were missing. I called up Steve and asked if there was another box on the way and he said no, everything was in the one box. He filed a claim with UPS and during the process my wife was driving the 4Runner when it started to cough and sputter and throw a CEL. It had kinda done it before but not too bad and we had taken it to Toyota which of course they found nothing wrong with it. Well this time it had violently coughed up the #3 spark plug. Turns out the previous owner had cross threaded the spark plug and attempted to fix it with a helicoil... Pretty much ruining the head. We needed a car and we had to pay to have the head replaced. I called up Steve and told him the situation and that we needed the money to repair the 4Runner. He refunded the money no questions asked and I sent what parts I had back to him. I could tell he was disappointed (understandably as a small business owner) but understood the situation. I would gladly do business with him again.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #7
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
doh..stupid phone won't let me edit and accidentally pressed post.

If he decideds on something else, the OME kit is pretty good for the 4runner. My buddy and I put one on his 4runner. It's pretty nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Sonoran Steel Fabrication-32204_661881621993_23201017_38513926_52938_n.jpg  
Old 11-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #8

Firefighter:
I think OME might be the way to go. I running the ome setup on my Tacoma and love it. I also had great experience buying from toytec. Thanks for the respnses guys.