Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

hybrid Tacoma?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
What if someone made a stupid thread on TW? Would you read it?

Crap, I think I just contradicted myself.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post

x2
Old 12-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
Quakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud ofQuakee has much to be proud of

EMS: EMT
Name: Eddie
Quakee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post

If someone was being a dick on TW, would you tell them?

As far as the hybrid, I'd want to know the specs on it, and whether or not the batteries could handle being covered in mud =]
Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy it.

1. That battery pack has to go somewhere. On the Tacoma it will either reduce ground clearance or eat into bed space. Neither is acceptable.

2. What's the typical battery pack warranty, 8 years/100,000 miles? On a regular car with limited lifespan it's considered reasonable. On a Toyota pickup that's expected to go 200,000-300,000 miles, it will twist resale values, because you'd need to pay for a battery pack replacement at least once or twice during the truck's useful life.

3. I don't put that many miles on my truck, so insurance represents the biggest motoring expense. Even a 20% decrease in fuel expenses doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things...
Old 12-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Depends....

#1) The gas mileage for a hybrid tacoma better be atleast 50% or more of the non-hybrids, or else....why bother?

#2) The towing/hauling capacity must stay the same

#3) The performance must be the same

#4) Extended warrantee - standard

#5) And I don't want any headaches recharging, maintaining, etc than what I have now.

So - I'm gonna say....NO, I wouldn't buy one.