Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Hide Your Speed Pass

Old 12-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Rondo is on a distinguished road
Rondo's Tacoma Gallery
Hide Your Speed Pass

Being the 21st century you would think that they could make the huge white speed pass that you have to velcro to your windshield a little smaller or able to be used from the glove box. I was trying to find a place to disguise it and was wondering if any one had any good ideas from past experience.

let me know.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if its offered in MA, but we have the option of a license plate mounted ez pass. I zip tied mine to the lower section of the grille and think its a good spot. You can see it here:
Old 12-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Do people actually steal those. Thats a lot of work to jst save a few bucks.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
I'm sure they do, but I dont think its a commonly thieved item. Its tied to your tag number. Easy for the easy pass company to see who is using it and if its stolen, just send the toll tickets to the registered owner of the fraudulent user.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
I'm sure they do, but I dont think its a commonly thieved item. Its tied to your tag number. Easy for the easy pass company to see who is using it and if its stolen, just send the toll tickets to the registered owner of the fraudulent user.
I wouldn't even worry about it. Of all things that they can steal they can have that one. Since it is easily trackable and would make them waste time trying to peel that thing off.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
My ezpass it all the way at the top of my windshield from the outside you don't really see it with the black dots or whatever across the top of the windshield.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #7

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
I wouldn't even worry about it. Of all things that they can steal they can have that one. Since it is easily trackable and would make them waste time trying to peel that thing off.
Oh yea, I'm definitely not concerned, lol. I think the OP was more so referring to hiding it so that its not an eye sore.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Oh yea, I'm definitely not concerned, lol. I think the OP was more so referring to hiding it so that its not an eye sore.
Oh that makes much more sense. I just kept thinking of theft.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not sure if its offered in MA, but we have the option of a license plate mounted ez pass. I zip tied mine to the lower section of the grille and think its a good spot. You can see it here:
Nice..... Damn, wonder how much that costs to get.

We currently have the 'white box' that my husband and I pass back-n-forth between vehicles.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #10
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I've got mine stuck up behind the rear view mirror, I can't see from the drivers seat so it doesn't bother me.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #11
MC1983 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MC1983's Tacoma Gallery
I just leave mine on the dashboard on one of those non-slip pads. It seems to register just fine with all the toll plazas.
When I first got the pass, I was given an anti-static bag and was told if I did not want to use the pass, to leave it in the bag because it can still transmit if not in the bag even if it is in the glovebox, trunk, etc.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I've got mine stuck up behind the rear view mirror, I can't see from the drivers seat so it doesn't bother me.

Same here, and I can transfer it to my bike. In Ma you can put it on up to 3 different vehicles
Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #13

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Nice..... Damn, wonder how much that costs to get.

We currently have the 'white box' that my husband and I pass back-n-forth between vehicles.
It should be free. We have the option... white square or black rectangle
Old 12-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah...they suck. Mine is very obvious because they gave me a big white thing. Can't see if from the inside but definitely can from the outside. I've debated spraying it black but am concerned they'll charge me if I ever have to turn it in. They ain't cheap to replace if you lose one.