Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

3rd Gen Model Thread: What do you wanna see?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
3rd Gen Model Thread: What do you wanna see?

Hey Tacoma World,
I was wondering what other members would like to see in the new tacoma (3rd gen). Before the shit storm I know their are other threads on this but I mainly just wanted to know what people wanted from from toyota they couldn't have this time around........

Personally I wish toyota would scrap the current model breakdown for the tacoma and make it like their other vehicles.....

For example,

Offer trims like: Base, SR5, Trail, Limited, and Platinum

Then offer packages like: TRD Offroad, TRD Sport, Premium, Rock Warrior etc.

Then actual indivdual options (strangely not offered outside of packages for current tacoma).....like cold weather package, brushguard, sunroof, nav, and also maybe more trd optonal part upgrades....
Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
im wondering what people say about my break down not about the third gen in general thanks ......
Old 12-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
rear defroster would be nice
Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Turbo diesel. Cmon Toyota.

A sliding rear window would be nice (as in the Tundra).

Double Cab Long Bed with TRD Offroad package, AND A SIX SPEED MANUAL!

But mainly a turbo diesel.

Oh, and make it smaller, not bigger. It's a midsize... not a fatasses midsize. Cmon crapmerica.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post
Turbo diesel. Cmon Toyota.

A sliding rear window would be nice (as in the Tundra).

Double Cab Long Bed with TRD Offroad package, AND A SIX SPEED MANUAL!

But mainly a turbo diesel.

Oh, and make it smaller, not bigger. It's a midsize... not a fatasses midsize. Cmon crapmerica.
x2 on all of that!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:43 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't care how they slice it up.....

I want the truck to have all the goodies a luxery vehicle has while still being a truck and have the towing/hauling capabilities it currently has without paying an arm & a leg for it.

I mean...really? No power seats...how lame is that?

I'd even enjoy having AWD

I'm not all that concerned about gas mileage.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #8

i agree i wish they still had a limited package like the 1st gen........

or a premium package like the new tundras.......

also if they made the trd packages available on any model (ie. Base, SR5, Limited, etc.) one could get a trd package with all the goodies or non of them depending if they wanted it on a base model (plastic bumpers and such) or a limited model (leather, and all the amenities of a luxury truck)
Old 12-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
BlueXenon is on a distinguished road

BlueXenon's Tacoma Gallery
The limited package for the 1st gen was nasty. It came with chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, etc. Wasn't really a luxury upgrade.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
trailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant futuretrailmaker has a brilliant future
trailmaker's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like a turbo diesel as well. Dimensions back down to first gen size. It would be nice if they had a no frills work truck package, as well as packages for teenagers and commuters.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #11
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How bout some heated freaking mirrors . I can get factory leather and factory heated seats in Canada , but no heated mirrors ?

WTF Toyota , it's Canada .

Eh
Old 12-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #12
walleyeguy is just really nicewalleyeguy is just really nicewalleyeguy is just really nicewalleyeguy is just really nice
walleyeguy's Tacoma Gallery
More MPG!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
I just want the rear window to go down..
Old 12-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #14
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the rear window going down
And stock S/C
Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
TacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet -11B
Name: Randy
TacoRan's Tacoma Gallery
Disc brakes on all four wheels.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #16
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ill tell you what i dont wanna see, another one of these threads! there have been so many already!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #17
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
solid front
Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Ill tell you what i dont wanna see, another one of these threads! there have been so many already!

Well you know how to not see it ! Don't click it.

I'd like to see:
Heated mirrors
Sliding rear window
Real skid plates on the designated trucks
Decent Stock tires on 4wd trucks. (No reason for car tires on 4x4)
Auto up and down windows
Durable paint
Auto seats
More "D" rings in bed
Better stock rear springs (Better at handling loads the truck is rated for)
4 wheel disk brakes, maybe on designated trucks
Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
Well said Lucas...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #20
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see...
.50 cal. rifles that pop out the front 1.4 panels
rear mine deployment from behind the rear axle
real doll in passenger seat
1/2 keg holder in the rear box with line to the front seats
mattracs instead of tires
rocket boosters
6" lift
flag post for the confederate flag in the bed
P.A. system
.50 cal turret on roof
knight rider style light in front
Picture of ferrah Faucet (in her prime) next to speedo, Which only tells speed in numbers like in the predator movies.
neon color options.
amphibious package

and all for under 25K