1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing plugs

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by pantherius, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Jan 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    pantherius

pantherius [OP] LJAZ

Member:
    First Name:
    LJ
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2008 Pre-runner sr5 offroad
    So I have had my Tacoma (2008 double cab, off road) for a few years now, approaching 50k miles. Regular oil changes done. About ready to get new tires (fun) and trying to decide what to do next. The cost for a tune up is ridiculous. I used to work on my Celica all the time. Now, I know this is a different beast. However, I figured, where better to ask some people who probably know more than me, and will be more honest than the dealership!?

SO, has anyone changed the spark plugs on this particular Tacoma, and is it a huge ordeal? Do I need special tools? Is this something I can do on my own at all? If not, ideas on some good places to go? (I'm in Phoenix AZ).

This is my first step to research. Thanks everyone!

2. Jan 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,

Products Discussed in

To Top